Tacho, a question for you

Contraflow:

mickyblue:
I always start a walk around before I get in the vehicle but I fail to show this on the card.

How do you check your lights are working without switching them on? How do you check for excessive engine smoke without switching the engine on? How do you check for air leaks without building the air up?
adjusting tyre pressures
Doesn’t sound like much of a walk around to me.

You do know you’re not supposed to be just walking around, right? :laughing:

Daily Walk Round Check should be carried out - but nothing is set in stone as to how in depth it should be/how long it should take…I would suggest if air pressure is reasonably ‘up’ when we get to the vehicle, there are no major air leaks - unless on service brake circuit or whilst park brake is off. These situations may not need air building up - on most modern trucks the air pressure will be up already■■? As for engines smoking, a visual check can’t reveal much these days- very rare to see a ‘black smoker’ & we ain’t got emissions analyser at our disposal!!!
Keep DWRC real - just a ‘visual once over’ i.e. (generally) no jacking cabs, no adjusting tyre pressures, possibly no fitting/changing bulbs - a lot depends on company policy. Report ALL defects found & use your judgement as to whether the defects req. immediate rectification (sometimes with help & advice of management/workshop staff - again dependent on company policy).

Contraflow:
How do you check your lights are working without switching them on?

I switch on my ignition, the truck computer checks it’s lights and tells me if any bulbs are blown. It checks just about everything else too.

Simon:

Contraflow:
How do you check your lights are working without switching them on?

I switch on my ignition, the truck computer checks it’s lights and tells me if any bulbs are blown. It checks just about everything else too.

:open_mouth:

Really?

I think what you mean to say is that the computer checks a couple of other things. :wink:

If you really want to show a fifteen minute walk round at beginning of shift then, kettle on tea or coffee two sugars milk, drink.

What actually takes fifteen minutes. Lights wheels pin blah blah