Tacchograph/Wages

Can anyone shed any light on this. The company I am currently working for has had fleetboard units fitted in the vehicles and they are now saying they will be paying wages from that information. The fleetboard unit takes the info from your digicard then sends it to a data base. One of our drivers says it is still illegal to pay wages from your tacho ■■?

As your tacho records should be exactly the same as your clock in and clock off times then I fail to see the difference

Unless they are proposing certain caveats during your shift such as not paying for breaks

merseycool:
Can anyone shed any light on this. The company I am currently working for has had fleetboard units fitted in the vehicles and they are now saying they will be paying wages from that information. The fleetboard unit takes the info from your digicard then sends it to a data base. One of our drivers says it is still illegal to pay wages from your tacho ■■?

Ignore one of your drivers :laughing:

They can pay wages based on WTF they want as long as what you earn meets NMW for the hours you’ve done. Some pay for clocked in hours, some on tacho, some a set amount per run, some basic plus percentage of wagon earnings.

I would expect them to add time at the beginning and end of shift.

As ever, it depends on what is in your contract of employment as to whether they can just decide to do this.

merseycool:
One of our drivers says it is still illegal to pay wages from your tacho ■■?

One of your drivers is an idiot.

I trust this clarifies matters.

ROG:
As your tacho records should be exactly the same as your clock in and clock off times then I fail to see the difference

Not necessarily, clock in and clock off times are not always the same as hours paid… I get paid from 19:15 to 04:45 each shift, guaranteed 1.5 hours overtime per shift, but I can usually be clocked off and heading home any time between about 03:15 and 04:30. So the paid hours and the actually worked hours, as recorded on the tacho, are not the same.

ROG:

Unless they are proposing certain caveats during your shift such as not paying for breaks

im with you rog,my time sheet and book,tacho all have the same times on them[tacho by manual entries],the only one thats different is iso-trac start/ finish time which is why were paid off of time sheet/book,if they paid me off tacho id get paid the same .

Put it in when you start out when finish simple manual entries for any time not on card which i think you should do anyway

The manual entry button will be your new friend :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

merseycool:

Ignore one of your drivers :lol:

:smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Not necessarily, clock in and clock off times are not always the same as hours paid… I get paid from 19:15 to 04:45 each shift, guaranteed 1.5 hours overtime per shift, but I can usually be clocked off and heading home any time between about 03:15 and 04:30. So the paid hours and the actually worked hours, as recorded on the tacho, are not the same.

That did not seem to be the issue in the OP

merseycool:
The company I am currently working for has had fleetboard units fitted in the vehicles and they are now saying they will be paying wages from that information

But I see an issue if the company are changing the contract from one which you describe to this

merseycool:

Fleetboard messures your Driving,your Fuel consumtion,high reps,harsh Braking,ect,ect.
Nothing to do with Pay,except.got my Shift today cancelled due to Harsh Braking,as im always/mnostly in london and dont care about Fleetboard,as long as it keeps me from DVLA Points away

FleetBoard Time Management* supports the most important application scenarios related to drivers’ working times. The data is automatically captured, thus saving the effort of documentation. Despatch agents can plan on the basis of the remaining driving time and are provided with the identity, working time group, and the current position of each driver. The relevant drivers’ working times are made available to wage accounting for payroll purposes.

With the new digital tachographs and FleetBoard Tacho Management you can read out the driver cards and the mass storage of your vehicles and archive the retrieved data. FleetBoard TiiRec is connected to the tachograph via an interface and permits the automatic download of the data from mass storage. In line with the corresponding national legal directives, the complete data volume will be stored in the FleetBoard Service Centre for up to three years. In the proper analysis programs, the saved data provides information on driving and rest times violations, missing downloads, and speeding.

merseycool:
One of our drivers says it is still illegal to pay wages from your tacho ■■?

Your colleague is getting mixed up with the rule that you should not be paid in a way which may encourage you to break the law eg weight carried, distance traveled etc.

If you company wishes they can pay based on productivity but the VOSA would expect a safeguard such as a guaranteed basic which would have to be at least the minimum wage. :sunglasses: