Tablets and Laptops in cab

What do you find the best method “in-cab” to keep in touch on tablets etc with the outside world , many thanks in advance gents .

Not for use in a truck but on a ship but I have (or had till the bloody thing died last week) a laptop for use in my cabin and an Ipad for use in the wheelhouse but hate the OS with a vengence backed up by an Android fone in the car, and a notebook as a backup should they all fall over at the same time …

Toshiba Satellite laptop. Screen that much bigger than a tablet and find i get on better with a qwerty keyboard much better than touch screen stuff.

Laptop for nights away. I download BBC content on the Iplayer at the weekend and watch them back in the cab.

iPhone and a MacBook for me. I get 21gb of data on my phone contract so I tether my Mac when I’m parked up. An average length film on Netflix uses about a gig of data so be careful. I do about 2-3 nights out a week so my allowance just about lasts.

I prefer a laptop, I have an external hard drive with a load of films on it.

Don’t forget to have a weeks worth of p*rn for in cab viewing

iPad I have a large one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
iPad I have a large one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[bragging :laughing: ]

peirre:
Don’t forget to have a weeks worth of p*** for in cab viewing

Pong?
Pork?
Parp?
Pips?

I think the OP meant how do you connect your tablet or laptop to the outside world?
I have an unlimited data contract on 3 that also gives me 12 gig of tethering. It’s not that cheap but I use it a lot, I’m out all week and often stream music all day, I download films on my phone and watch them on a big telly, spend a fair amount of time on the web and have even been known to use my phone for a phone call or two!

Les Shoes:

peirre:
Don’t forget to have a weeks worth of p*** for in cab viewing

Pong?
Pork?
Parp?
Pips?

Ping?
■■■■?
Peas?
Pens?