Tablet

has anyone bought one of them 9 inch “All Winner” brand tablets sold on Ebay for less than £50 ■■
are they any good or just a pile of ■■■ ■■?
the spec looks very reasonable for the price…

here’s an example

ebay.co.uk/itm/9-INCH-Google … 5b00ae7b5c

and while we are looking for bargains, Aldi have some medion smartphones instore on special offer on thursday 7th Aug for £79.99

You’ll get what you pay for. These will be very basic, using a very old operating system. Apps will be hard to find, as they update apps all the time for newer systems. It will have very limited storage, no mobile broadband so you cant use the internet on the road. Probably poor graphics and terrible sound.

Noticed it’s only got a 0.3 mp camera, about the same as a 12 year old mobile phone. It’s also only got 8gb internal memory.

sayersy:
You’ll get what you pay for. These will be very basic, using a very old operating system. Apps will be hard to find, as they update apps all the time for newer systems. It will have very limited storage, no mobile broadband so you cant use the internet on the road. Probably poor graphics and terrible sound.

Operating System:
Android 4.2.x Jelly Bean :unamused: seems good to me

Pay for what you get and Id rather pay a little more and get a kindle with WiFi for about £120…

You need to ask yourself what are you going to be using it for and then buy the appropriate product that meets your needs… :smiley:

If your looking to upgrade ya phone then go and get something with a free gift… i.e. phone plus the tablet as a free gift… money spent phone and contract…cost of the tablet…priceless

This looks good for the money

aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t … tab-e7318/

Trukkertone:
has anyone bought one of them 9 inch “All Winner” brand tablets sold on Ebay for less than £50 ■■
are they any good or just a pile of ■■■ ■■?
the spec looks very reasonable for the price…

here’s an example

ebay.co.uk/itm/9-INCH-Google … 5b00ae7b5c

and while we are looking for bargains, Aldi have some medion smartphones instore on special offer on thursday 7th Aug for £79.99

Yes, got one at xmas. Find it excellent. I think thats a typo on the camera size, the front one may well be 0.3MP but the main rear on is at least 3mp.

Please excuse my ignorance but could someone explain these things to me please?
How do you get on the internet? Is it by being within range of a wifi network or a hotspot or do you get a phone type contract with them?
It might be something I could use :smiley:
Thanks.

Quackers:
How do you get on the internet? Is it by being within range of a wifi network or a hotspot or do you get a phone type contract with them?
Thanks.

most work off a wi fi network or hotspot some have the slot so you can insert a sim and use that (sim contract is best way to go) try looking at the 3 network good coverage and not a bad deal.

If you have smart phone with data contract you can create hotspot on mobi and connect tablet to it and the world via wifi.

gezt:

Quackers:
Thanks.

most work off a wi fi network or hotspot some have the slot so you can insert a sim and use that (sim contract is best way to go) try looking at the 3 network good coverage and not a bad deal.

You can also tether from your mobile phone and make it a personal hotspot if your tablet doesn’t take a SIM card

Ok thanks for those pointers people :smiley:

bazstan009:
If you have smart phone with data contract you can create hotspot on mobi and connect tablet to it and the world via wifi.

+1

I have a Samsung tablet, and I wasn’t going to pay another 100 euros at the time for one with a SIM card slot. I just “tether” it to the mobile (which itself has a huge data allowance) in the truck if I take it out.

sayersy:

a) Android 4.2 isn’t that ancient. I’ve still got a phone with 2.3.4 on it and most apps still work.
b) Storage isn’t an issue as it has a microSD card slot (just avoid el-cheapo fake capacity cards)
c) Mobile broadband - see above.
d) At 50 quid there will be less crying into your pint should it get lost/stolen/damaged.