T.V any tips on what i need?

hi just started my new job and will be doing a few night out each week i want a tv but i dont know much about what sort to get ? ie 24 v or a invertor and use a 24v like at home? any tips would be very helpful thanks :slight_smile:

slackeye:
hi just started my new job and will be doing a few night out each week i want a tv but i dont know much about what sort to get ? ie 24 v or a invertor and use a 24v like at home? any tips would be very helpful thanks :slight_smile:

I use a normal house T.V and a 300watt inverter in my truck, when you look at how much it would cost to buy a 24volt T.V your looking at top money and there normally only 10" ,i paid £45 for my 14" tv , £28 for a dvd player and £28 for my inverter and it is just the job… and it fits nicely in the middle locker in my Topliner.

Maplin have got some good deals at the moment mate. I think you can get a 12v tv with freeview for about £140 . Just plug it in your 12v supply or get a dropper from any truck shop and you are good to go…

Budge:

slackeye:

I use a normal house T.V and a 300watt inverter in my truck, when you look at how much it would cost to buy a 24volt T.V your looking at top money and there normally only 10" ,i paid £45 for my 14" tv , £28 for a dvd player and £28 for my inverter and it is just the job… and it fits nicely in the middle locker in my Topliner.

I have a topliner where do you put all that stuff??

jimboy124:
I have a topliner where do you put all that stuff??

Does it have the bunk at the front?

Mines a twin bunk, with the lockers at the front, i took the middle shelf out TV fits nice in there and the inverter sits next to it (there’s a rubber bung if you lift that there’s a 24V feed in there, no wires showing anywhere) and the DVD goes on the shelf under the left locker, I have my XBOX on top of that too… :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

DHL standard fleet motor … Yes i do have bunk over the drivers
seat. You will laugh at this by the way…
Parked in Krefeld lovely night not a cloud in the sky… so off i trot to the pub… all of a sudden it goes dark in the pub ,big clap of thunder and it starts [zb] down . Thats when i realised i have left the sun roof open!!

I went back to the cab and it was [zb] soaked!!

I had to sleep on the back bed !!

That’s his account of how the bed got wet and he is sticking to it. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

You didn’t mention all the water in the headlining Jim. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
That’s his account of how the bed got wet and he is sticking to it. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

You didn’t mention all the water in the headlining Jim. :stuck_out_tongue:

pmsl is probably not a good thing to say at this moment…

do i need a 24 v or 12 v invertor? and how do u fit them? in the ciggy lighter socket or do u have to wire them up? thanks

think there on about rain in this thread. dont leave ya sunroof open lol :wink:

buy a 12v digi telly but get a good ariel as well…your looking at £200
i see no point in having â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  old telly

who,s got time to watch the telly ?

hitch:
buy a 12v digi telly but get a good ariel as well…your looking at £200
i see no point in having â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  old telly

A 12 or 24v telly is also designed and built to be much more efficient than a 240v one. So your truck batteries are more likely to go flat with a 240v telly and inverter compared to a 12 or 24v one.

One thing that is vitally important (as I have found out :confused: ) is a decent aerial.
What with analogue tv on its way out, and the crappy reception anyway in most truck parks, a good signal is hard to come by.
I had to watch ITV wales the other night, and I don’t speak a word of it !
I was trying to translate using what I had picked up from the road signs, but they don’t often say ARAF on tv.

slackeye:
do i need a 24 v or 12 v invertor? and how do u fit them? in the ciggy lighter socket or do u have to wire them up? thanks

It depends what your using it for, if you just want a TV on it then a 12volt 150watt will do, if you want a TV DVD and games console then your better with a 24volt 300watt or 600 watt, they go upto some stupid wattage but thats if your running everything off them. you can hardwire them into the 12v-24v socket on the scania to the left of the dash, or you can just use the plug,

I can’t remember what the layout is on the scania witht the bed at the front. but on the twin back bunks theres a rubber bung under the middle shelf and you can just hardwire it straight in there.

As for an aerial i brought a house one from wilko cost me a tenner and its pucker, can get most digital channels on the freeview box to…!

As for it flattening the batteries i watch a lot of telly in the day ( â– â– â– â–  that Fenny lock :smiley: ) and i never have any problem with starting the wagon after watching 4 hours of telly. :unamused:

So thats about £150 for a telly, dvd , inverter, freeview box and aerial!!!
( and £300 for an x box 360 but thats optional :laughing: :laughing: )

I got a Roadstar 10" 24v/12v 240v £179,no problems with it.
A plug in 12v aerial from Tesco.It had a 240v lead on it which I cut off and I just use one of those multi cross adapter things plugged in the back wired into the 12v socket.
bought a DVD player for £18 which I plug into my inverter :smiley: