T roberts of sheffield

Hi there,
If anyone is interested I have hundreds of photos of T. Roberts. I used to live in Aston when I was a kid and through my teenage years spent just about every weekend helping out in the yard with David, Carl and Baz. I will work on uploading a few photos. :slight_smile:

MaJoMo005:
Hi there,
If anyone is interested I have hundreds of photos of T. Roberts. I used to live in Aston when I was a kid and through my teenage years spent just about every weekend helping out in the yard with David, Carl and Baz. I will work on uploading a few photos. :slight_smile:

Hello There MaJoMo.
I remember T.Roberts and it would be good to see your pics.
And welcome to Trucknet.Regards Mike.

Hiya …welcome majomo005 to TN any stories or photo’s of anything going on in sheffieeld is a must.
cheers John

anybody got any pictures . :question:

Sorry ranksdriver,no photos of T.Roberts but I remember they were at Aston,green livery,some tippers as well as flats.
Are they still going? I’ve been left Sheffield a few years now.

Don’t see any of their motors running about now so I’m guessing they have packed up.

Last I remember, they were running F10’s & F12’s.

Chris Webb:
Sorry ranksdriver,no photos of T.Roberts but I remember they were at Aston,green livery,some tippers as well as flats.

no mate my dad worked for them for 35 years they packed in about 5 years ago .
paul roberts the son as got 3 new volvos working for kiverton park steels.

ranksdriver:

Chris Webb:

no mate my dad worked for them for 35 years they packed in about 5 years ago .
paul roberts the son as got 3 new volvos working for kiverton park steels.

I thought Kiveton Park Steel and Wire would have packed up long ago.They had their own fleet in the 60s and 70s mostly AECs I think. I’ve tipped in there once or twice when I worked for C.H.Preston on Woodburn Road Sheffield in 1968/9.

Whats your dads name?
i worked there throught the late 80’s to late 90’s,drove a 6 legger rigid mainly on the acme gerrard contract with a bit of steel thrown in,odd days on the tippers
remember aiden thompson,stuart foster,ted,raggy tash,knocker,scroggy,finney,baz,frank deuce,carl goodlad (went to school with him as well) bill methley, les,alan who was killed when his tipper went over building the boston bypass
litle paul roberts driving round the yard in a ride on mower towing a trailer,seem to remember leon roberts qualified as a doctor and joined the army-he had the sense to stay out of haulage
remember going in oldman roberts shed for nails to fix chocs to bed of wagon derick roberts and of course david roberts who thought it was personal when you wore somthing out on the wagon
i once asked if i could have a night heater-was told to buy a hat (eventually got a fl7 wth one fitted after 5 years of nights out),
left roberts and went to lynx parcels,3 years there,short agency stint then since 2001 tnt logistics (noe changed name to ceva logistics)

img048.jpg Only one i’ve got from my mate ted foley taken when he was driving for styrings from wickersley taking coal from stockwell screens nr swallownest to carrington power station cheshire.i used to pass the yard a lot when delivering furniture for rother pine but nevertook any photos,the tippers used to run out of butlers quarry or marshalls not sure.

kiveton park tm

only one i have of t roberts loaded at b.i.s. for beatson clarke (scanned with the gefco scania