T P Niven

Hello folks. I am a driver with T P Niven who also has an interest in photography. I run two facebook groups which have between them around fifteen hundred photos of Nivens vehicles new and old. Jim Niven has been kind enough to share a number of older photos but I’m sure there is more out there. My main interest would be to find ERF EC11 or earlier photos or to hear any interesting stories that I could share. Please feel free to send join requests to our Facebook groups which are

T P Niven ERF’s and The T P Niven Photo Group.

Hope this is permitted.

Many thanks.

One of our many old photos.

The Doonhamer:
One of our many old photos.

Wow what a line up.

A few more of our old photos.

The Doonhamer:

Hi The Doonhamer, Would I be correct in saying that Nivens used to load out of General Milk Products AKA Carnation Milk factory in Dumfries in the 50/60s Era, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

The Doonhamer:

Hi The Doonhamer, Would I be correct in saying that Nivens used to load out of General Milk Products AKA Carnation Milk factory in Dumfries in the 50/60s Era, Regards Larry.

Im not quite sure larry but i will ask the question and get back to you. :slight_smile:

Billy Moffat drove for Nivens back in the day, used to do quite a lot of work for Stelrad.

Jim Niven was kind enough to answer your question on our Facebook group Larry. “We took milk in but The Caledonian/BRS did the out bound along with latterly TCBrown. We may have subbed the odd load via Browns but never direct that I can remember . Always envious of the lovely flat loads for sheeting though! Better than Stelrads !!” Hope that helps Larry :slight_smile:

The Doonhamer:

Why are some ERF’s in a white livery? cracking photos

14088485_10207560174507179_4683287566716132749_n.jpg

Cattle Man Stan:

The Doonhamer:

Why are some ERF’s in a white livery? cracking photos

The ones in white livery are in Stelrads colours Stan. Stelrads has been a big customer of Nivens for many many years.

The Doonhamer:
Jim Niven was kind enough to answer your question on our Facebook group Larry. “We took milk in but The Caledonian/BRS did the out bound along with latterly TCBrown. We may have subbed the odd load via Browns but never direct that I can remember . Always envious of the lovely flat loads for sheeting though! Better than Stelrads !!” Hope that helps Larry :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, I used to load there in the 50/60s when driving for Baxters Road Services, All hand ball but good clean traffic, Easy to sheet up, Not long after I left Baxters they started to put the cartons onto pallets, You took MTs in & then they were put onto the top of the full pallet turned upside down onto your pallet clever Idea they even had the cartons the right way up as the forman Namley Jimmy Kay wouldn’t allow any boxes to leave if the were the wrong way up, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Regards Larry.

MAN (WU17LSL):

(At Lymm Truckstop, 28.05.19.).