T&D whats going on

whats happening at truck and driver.ive been buying it for longer than i care to remember, but the articles are getting thinner and thinner in content there used to be loads of very good articles now theres 2 or 3 at most…i only bought this months because of the mike ponsonby article.
this month weve got the debarcle of the suzies and wheather its legal or not to change em yourself,then theres the peice on operation stack on the a45 when felixstowe container port is shut but the accompanying photo is quite clearly of operation stack on the m20 not a container truck in sight.10 tunnels to drive through 3 is the frejus now the accompaying pic is from the fire with a burnt out truck the first thing my son said,i wouldnt want to go in that one dad.then at 5 is the pont de l ama tunnel quote from the mag prior to 1997 the pont de l ama tunnel wouldnt have meant anything to you but on august 31st, diana princess of wales died in this tunnel,thats not very tasteful is it.and tunnels 8 9 and 10 ya cant drive a truck through.can some at this magazine grab it buy the scuff of its neck and sort it out please.theres not many mags aimed at/for drivers so please dont take your readership for granted

totally agre iv been buying it since i was a lad i put my views across when we had the thread on the 3d issue,
to me these days it seems to be more aimed at “truck fans” than “truck drivers” this mag should be a voice and publication for the industry that drivers actually want to read,the top 20 british hauliers over the past 2 issues is a joke i mean is it the top hauliers or the top 20 best looking fleets because they are only a few of the 20 id have put in there,
i think the whole mag has just gone too corporate bring some fun back in to the mag,
having said all that i will probably buy it till the day i die why? i dont know,

If you dig out some old copies of these mags you can’t believe how [zb] they are now :cry: I normally just read it in the newsagents . Bring back TRUCK magazine

Trucking is much better. Truck & driver is just pictures from truck shows, vintage wagons & army trucks. Commercial Motor is a better read than T&D.

I funnily enough bought T&D this week as it goes, I have’nt bought a drivers mag in years & I sharnt do again for years its so ■■■■ its printed on old jail type bog paper. Why oh why did they stop publishing TRUCK magazine I’d read that from cover to cover but T&D is all whaffle & no substance.

I now know what the PG Tips monkeys are doing since they stopped advertising tea!

I bought the same T&D on Thursday this week. Not impressed. Too thin on intersting, relevant & entertaining pieces and has more adverts than ever. I don’t want a ‘super subbie deal’…nor does my motor need extra ‘power from a chip’…nor do I need large quantities of cleaning chemicals pushed at me by a tasty burd. Oh and the ‘bestest ever truckiest satnav’ is not on my shopping list! All of these ads are full pages, no doubt paying well for the magazine publshers but not floating my boat as the same ones are in every month, don’t more than glance at them.

As for the ‘10 tunnels’ article, that was a waste of pages entirely. Relevance to truck drivers nil.

Don’t bother with this comic anymore ,Bling & more [zb] bling :unamused: & the quality of the paper used belongs to Beano :smiling_imp: Trucking mag better by far

I stopped buying T&D (as a one-man protest by me to RBI) when they shut TRUCK down - it was getting childish and ‘samey’ then.
TRUCKING isn’t perfect (their poor captioning of photo’s in particular), but it does seem closer in style to how TRUCK used to be.

In this weeks Commercial Motor,they have done a feature about Robson’s of Carlisle,which is very interesting.This is the type of thing that I used to like to read in the T&D and some of the other publications.I hope Commercial Motor do more features on other firms past and present.

I haven’t read it for a couple of years at least. I don’t think there is much in it that can’t be found on the Net. In the last 5 or 6 years I have probably only read a newspaper a couple of dozen times for the same reason.

Got to agree that it seems to have lost its way - been reading for a number of years and stopped recently.

I agree with what overs have said about t&d i have been reading this magazine sines i was a kid but over the last threw years it as got a lot smaller . If you are eny thing like me you will have readed it by the second week :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The only magazine I used to buy was TRUCK. That was a fantastic mag, never understood why it was shut down. Was always much better than all the others. Not bought a truck mag since. T&D is just pure tripe.

Scannyfanny:
I bought the same T&D on Thursday this week. Not impressed. Too thin on intersting, relevant & entertaining pieces and has more adverts than ever. I don’t want a ‘super subbie deal’…nor does my motor need extra ‘power from a chip’…nor do I need large quantities of cleaning chemicals pushed at me by a tasty burd. Oh and the ‘bestest ever truckiest satnav’ is not on my shopping list! All of these ads are full pages, no doubt paying well for the magazine publshers but not floating my boat as the same ones are in every month, don’t more than glance at them.

As for the ‘10 tunnels’ article, that was a waste of pages entirely. Relevance to truck drivers nil.

Very well said…

Personally I think Headlight was a far better publication. These days the article writers don’t always have a working knowledge of the subject.

Another point is that they write for different magazines covering a variety of topics. A case of jack of all trades, master of none.

Thank god for that!!!
I thought it was just me that thought it was a bit morbid this issue!!
Come on t and d get back on track,used to be a good read but I find a couple of hours sitting in tesco and I’ve read it.
Prefer the transport news to be honest.

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a [zb] about kids’ drawings? Or van reviews?

If a word needs stars to get it past the auto-censor, that’s a clue that the word isn’t allowed. dd. :wink:

i dont mind the kids bit cuz my nippers look at the mag aswell. but it wernt a van this month it were a car :unamused:

Sorry, but it’s not a magazine.
It’s a bag of advertising !
If I absolutely have to read advertising, I personally prefer the ones you get from the supermarkets. At least they’re relevant.

Car adverts :imp:
Van adverts :imp:
kids drawings :imp:
Vintage trucks :imp:
Adverts for anything I could never afford on a driver Wage :imp: