T&D Letter of the month

Anyone else seen it? A homosexual guy looking to get on the bendies. I thought it was a refreshing change. We don’t have enough homosexuals driving trucks, or ethnic minorities or women either. Infact i think this Industry is ‘institutionallly racist, homophobic and sexist’ , it seems to prefer older , unskilled or non proffesional males. Sometimes i wonder, do employers do this on purpose. Also why are trucks not designed with disabled drivers in mind, its a fact there are quite a few disabled drivers in full time employment. There doesn’t seem to be any diversity in our job, i wonder why?

sorry, but i must disagree on this.
[zb] are abnormal. god made man and women to produce man and women.
on the point of ethnic minorities, if we carry on with the way we are going, we will be the minority.
we should however design trucks for people who are disabled, as long as they are for the majority, ethnic, british people.
why should we think of the immigrants before our own kids.
my comments are not politically correct, but they are right.
we usually agree on most points mike, but on this issue, i cannot agree with you.

( derogatory comment removed ) jd

One [zb] on the lorries is one [zb] too many. One [zb] in the country is one too many. Being a [zb] is supposed to result from some mental deficiency they can’t control. If these people were castrated, it would solve their problems. I find gay boys as offensive as pedophiles. If a law was introduced making it legal to shoot them stone dead on sight, it would get my total support.
How these perverts can live knowing the public sham they give their parents beggars belief.

( derogatory comments removed ) jd

just becuase a male fancies and is attracted to another male its wrong?
yet i bet you are first in line when ■■■■■■■ girl action is shown on tv/web/dvd/vhs??

one of my best mates bats for other side… yet he is one of the most straight acting bloke you ever met… not a nancy boy. just that he fell in love 20 years ago with some one makes him “weird”?

limeyphil:
sorry, but i must disagree on this.
[zb] are abnormal. god made man and women to produce man and women.
on the point of ethnic minorities, if we carry on with the way we are going, we will be the minority.
we should however design trucks for people who are disabled, as long as they are for the majority, ethnic, british people.
why should we think of the immigrants before our own kids.
my comments are not politically correct, but they are right.
we usually agree on most points mike, but on this issue, i cannot agree with you.

phil u owe me a new laptop after tea has gone all over it !

( quote edited ) jd

no need to buy that issue then its contaminated
it dont agree with my correctly focussed biggoted veiw of the
decline in morals of modern society

How very apt!. A homosexual wishing to get stuck into working on benders. :unamused: :unamused:

I,m a bit surprised that Rikki hasn,t stepped in to moderate this thread. You need to bear in mind that The Government, the Plod, The Media, the Teaching profession, the Church and all those other agencies which control our lives, have many members of this particular (is it still one??) minority in its membership. I would be very surprised if there were not quite a few amongst the hairy [zb] trucking community. Even on the staff of T&D itself.

Mike C,s contribution to this debate shows a refreshing attitude towards what are classed as minority groups. :question: :question: Unless of course … :wink: :wink:

At which point, I had better get my head down behind the parapet

( censor dodge removed ) jd

[zb] ■■■■■■■■ they will be letting women drive them next.

Will they be getting their own shyower blocks at truckstops?

Mike as for diasabled drivers the trucls arent designed for tall people either I spent most of my day looking at a sun visor !!!.

Its got to be better than looking at other blokes arses all day though.

( derogatory comment removed ) jd

Mike-C:
. We don’t have enough homosexuals driving trucks, or ethnic minorities or women either. Infact i think this Industry is ‘institutionallly racist, homophobic and sexist’ There doesn’t seem to be any diversity in our job, i wonder why?

I think it is just that the groups you mention are not generally attracted to the job, although you can’t generally tell if someone is gay unless they are outwardly gay in their mannerisms.

jeeez they even let arsenal supporters drive wagons these days.Whats the world coming to hey ■■?

berewic:
. I find gay boys as offensive as

My son is in his late twenties, masculine, has had a few long term girlfriends in the past. Couple of years ago he told me and the mrs he was gay. Took me a long time to get to grips with, and I still find it difficult. But, he’s the same son that I’ve loved and brought up. Outwardly you would not know he’s gay, he’s not camp or imposes his views on anyone else. Berewic, how would you like it if you had a gay son, would you love him any less? or would you have him shot? I feel sorry for you Berewic…

Tiger.

i wonder if any of this thread is going to make it into T&D or the commercial motor?! :smiley:

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:
. We don’t have enough homosexuals driving trucks, or ethnic minorities or women either. Infact i think this Industry is ‘institutionallly racist, homophobic and sexist’ There doesn’t seem to be any diversity in our job, i wonder why?

I think it is just that the groups you mention are not generally attracted to the job, although you can’t generally tell if someone is gay unless they are outwardly gay in their mannerisms.

They could have plates made up to put in their windscreens stating ‘I’m Gay’. Then the statistics can be collected to see if we have enough of them driving trucks.

As if it matters. :unamused: :unamused:

Olog Hai:
i wonder if any of this thread is going to make it into T&D or the commercial motor?! :smiley:

Well, I hope not because a few of the comments simply reinforce the public’s general perception uf us as simple-mided bigots and morons.

Right, lets not degenerate into slagging off various people, thats not what i’m interested in doing.My question is a simple one and that is…why is diversity not promoted in our job when it is in almost every other? I’m not asking anyone what they think of other people i’m just asking why its not promoted?

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:

I think it is just that the groups you mention are not generally attracted to the job,

Why though Harry? A wierd example here…we must have millions of chinese people in the country, many maybe several generations older than mine. I’ve never in my life seen a chinese lorry driver, well only in the pages of a magazine about trucking in China. And in Liverpool we have one of the oldest Chinese communities in Europe.

if you look at the way we are treated at most places, the overbearing laws, over zealous officialdome. it makes me wonder why i still do the job.

Mike-C:
My question is a simple one and that is…why is diversity not promoted in our job when it is in almost every other? I’m not asking anyone what they think of other people i’m just asking why its not promoted?

Probably because gay people do not go around advertising the fact they are gay, why would they want to do that? If you were gay and attended a job interview would you say “by the way I am gay and expect special priority for the job”, of course you wouldn’t. Gay or straight, makes absolutely no difference in the workplace.

Tiger

Mike-C:
Why though Harry? A wierd example here…we must have millions of chinese people in the country, many maybe several generations older than mine. I’ve never in my life seen a chinese lorry driver, well only in the pages of a magazine about trucking in China. And in Liverpool we have one of the oldest Chinese communities in Europe.

I think it’s because we whiteys are the only ethnic group who are mug enough to do the job Mike. :wink:

Mike-C:

They’ve got more sense …
Actually there are quite a few, but you usually see them driving trucks for chinese food suppliers.
I don’t think being part of a minority group means anything anyway. You make your own life. It’s very rare that people are discriminated against in the work place just because they’re a minority. I know arabs, chinese, Iranians, various shades of africans, and they all seem to get on with life fine. It’s when they form ghettos that trouble starts. And when they demand special treatment just because they are a minority.
As for disabled drivers, how are they supposed to do the work ? Are they to be given special treatment there too ? I have trouble climbing in the cab somedays, how is someone with one arm supposed to do that and offload cages or handball sacks ? You don’t see disabled front line troops (not to start with anyway) because they are not fit for the job. Rifles are hard to aim with only one arm or only one eye. Anybody who can do the job isn’t really that disabled, are they.
As for gays, I couldn’t care less. What people do behind closed doors is up to them. They should have no more rights than the rest of us. I have no respect for those who feel the need to shove their choices in everybodys faces, whatever those choices are. Gay marriage should never have been considered illegal. A partner is a partner. If a gay man dies and leaves a pension, it should go to whoever he ■■■■ well leaves it to ! As I hope my possessions will (if I have any left by then).
It’s all just divide and rule, and I ignore it.