Systems/procedures to ensure compliance- help please!

Hi folks, help please. I have to present to the TC what systems I am going to be putting in place to maintain compliance with current road safety legislation.this will be my first hgv ops licence.
For example, I have seen transport managers fill out forms to say they have viewed cctv footage in one firm to ensure walk around checks being done.
In another firm-before the paper licence disappeared, they would randomly check via dvla that your licence was still as you had submitted etc etc.
What I’m looking for is the simple ideas, that I can present to TC, or if you kno of things they have asked your firm to do to tighten up your checks, please let me know.
This may in particular be noticeable from agency drivers as they can compare firm to firm or if you work in the office and have ideas to get around your weekly probs.

Thanks in advance

Matt Wood

Matt,

From your post, I’ve no idea of whether the company carries/will carry dangerous goods.

If so, your company’s DGSA would be able to help you and your TM with your ADR legal compliance stuff, such as checksheets and loading/unloading procedures, DG paperwork, PPE and vehicle equipment etc.

if your having to present anything in front of a TRAFFIC COMISSIONER for a first licence application I would be very suspicious as to the reason WHY!!!..or do you mean this is just the licencing authority asking for extra info regarding your day to day operations in which case you have to declare you will religiously keep a hold of checking, reporting and resolving any issues with driving hours, overloading vehicles and of course preventative 6 week checks.

I’m not entirely sure to be honest. I am going in to explain why I had a disagreement with a gentleman a couple of years ago, and why I felt the gentleman listened to my opinions and resolutions better, if I held him by the scruff of his neck. So I think we’re covering it all whilst I’m there.
I hoping its to instil in the deputy TC that I’m a sober character, and capable of running the wagons. I think I have to explain my financial standing is not money laundering as it was spare cash I had in the bank. I also asked for four wagons and trailers, maybe he just wants to clarify why i asked for that number and if my intention is to run them all immediately even though I only got my cpc this year.
Everything should be clear enough, I was just hoping for more suggestions please guys. Anything and everythin, from walk around checks, to covering the WTD to load distribution. Nothing is to obvious so please fire them over,

Thanks in advance

Matt