Sykes Bulk Liquids and Shaws Fuels vehicles

Thanks to Kevin Tabram for this one:

stevecook:
Thanks to Kevin Tabram for this one:

That was Phil Wheelers wagon
cheers Johnnie

Had trouble looking at the detail on this pic,brightened it up a bit hope you don’t mind.

Found on Internet - pic belongs to Les Wilson:

one of the web

A few of their wagons

Found this on Bubblemans scrapbook

Its fantastic to see these picture cos its takes me back to when I used to go to work with my dad as a kid.One of the best wagons he had was the Scammell Crusader,he still says they had the best engines in them and they didn’t arf shift with their Rolls Royce engines! The number plate was LHD 212L.I remember Scammells with the ribbed Cab…routman? If anyone has anymore pictures of Shaws or Sykes/Shaws,Sheaf, it would be great to see them.My dad was Trevor Watson if it rings a bell with anyone.

Great pictures to stir up some great memories,while the kids in the street were kicking a ball round I was out in some of these great lorries,great days

Morrissey:
Great pictures to stir up some great memories,while the kids in the street were kicking a ball round I was out in some of these great lorries,great days

Same as me Morrissey, i spent a lot of time riding about with my old man in Shaws/ Sykes lorries he worked there nearly 30 years :smiley: :smiley: . Saturday mornings, school holidays i was there :laughing: . Bet there won`t be many kids nowadays that could go out in tankers or any other lorry come to think of it, the Health and Safety Nazis will have put paid to that :cry: :cry:

Found another oldie in Bubbleman’s Scrapbook:

syke bulk liquids now theres a name that stick in my mind , in the days when driver were drivers , and rates were better than they are now , as the son of one of the driver who worked here spent a lot of time , in holidays with my dad , i laugh now there are drivers were i work , will drive a truck if night heater does work theses drivers were doing the artic circle in sweden with day cabs happy days ,

cabbie jr:
syke bulk liquids now theres a name that stick in my mind , in the days when driver were drivers , and rates were better than they are now , as the son of one of the driver who worked here spent a lot of time , in holidays with my dad , i laugh now there are drivers were i work , will drive a truck if night heater does work theses drivers were doing the artic circle in sweden with day cabs happy days ,

Hi young "cabbie reading this post seems to confirm that your dad is Geoff as he did go up to the artic circle with a day cab crusader where he was towed by a Swede at 50mph and then he had to drive over a frozen lake to access to the factory .
cheers Johnnie

Found another couple on Bubbleman 's scrapbook site

A couple of Shaws Fuels taken from classic & vintage commercials(BY P Nutton) someone must remember these two.

I was sent this one by a good mate so I am not sure where it came from

Her’s another one from the tipper side of the company
john

Thanks to Stanfield

Not strictly a Sykes vehicle - it was their trailer loaded with Styrene and my tractor unit, taken in their Shepley depot: