Swopping trucks

question for you tacho buffs out there.

if i swop from a digital tachograph turck to a analogue one (because i broke the first one) how should i record my days work?

jon

jonboy:
question for you tacho buffs out there.

if i swop from a digital tachograph turck to a analogue one (because i broke the first one) how should i record my days work?

jon

on a tacho card and wright on the back off it i was told hope it helps

I suppose, because probably nobody can say for certain, that the best thing to do would be to take a print from the Digi-Tacho, and staple it to the centre field of your disc.

yep i agree with teddy write on the back of the chart first vehicle fitted with digi tacho and put you mileage on. and do the driving, breaks and so in the squares.

Krankee:
I suppose, because probably nobody can say for certain, that the best thing to do would be to take a print from the Digi-Tacho, and staple it to the centre field of your disc.

thats what i did :smiley: but is there any actual hard print anywhere to explain what should happen or is this something else they hadn’t thought about :unamused:

jon

just had a scout on vosas website and come up with this

What do I do if I drive an analogue and digital the same day?

You will need to keep the appropriate record for the tachograph fitted. Part of the day will be recorded on a chart as we do now and the other part on your driver card.

Nothing that I’ve read about. Merely a suggestion from the top of my head.

Although, realistically, if the EU have now chosen to initiate parallel systems, then the problem lies with VOSA, not the driver.

It is not for the driver to justify what they have done (or not done) within any given period, the onus lies on enforcement authorities to ‘prove’ that offences have been committed.

On another thread, I have posted guidance from the CPS as to prosecution for Sec 3, RTA. If the CPS can put their prosecution criteria in the public domain, then why can’t VOSA?

Perhaps someone needs to challenge the DfT as to why they are not mirroring the openness of the Home Office.

Krankee:
On another thread, I have posted guidance from the CPS as to prosecution for Sec 3, RTA. If the CPS can put their prosecution criteria in the public domain, then why can’t VOSA?

Perhaps someone needs to challenge the DfT as to why they are not mirroring the openness of the Home Office.

Simple enough just put in a FOI request.

I think the regs actually say that if you drive with both types of tacho you should take a print out every time you in a digital card lorry.

Happend to me last week started on card broke down swapped to moter with digi Not sure about rules so just did as I would have done had I swapped moters normally & just wrote a little explanation on back of card as all your records are handed in anyway they can see what youve done for the day so it shouldnt be a problem. I suppose we will get it right sometime :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: