Switzerland

Hi guys, Thanks for all your help with parking at Schipol. It was a good job we got a hotel as the plane was delayed by 2 days :unamused:

Anywho, I’ve now been told that I’m off to Switzerland monday…

I’ve been a couple of times before, but the trucks already had a Go-Box, do I need any other docs to get one other than reg document etc?

cheers.

PS. I’m off to Klosters, if that makes any difference

read through this it was only a couple of posts down from yours :wink: :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64711

For Swiss, you’ll need a vehicle ID Card, obtainable at the border. To get the ID Card, you’ll need the original vehicle reg. docs and also the
plating certificate.
You will need some sort of plastic payment facility - fuel card or bank card.
Procedure at the border, once you have the ID Card, is to insert it into the payment machine on entry into Swiss, and follow the instuctions
that will be displayed. Make sure you have your mileage reading correct! On exiting Swiss, write the mileage reading on the ticket and hand it
in to the border control.
Be aware that the borders are generally closed for HGV’s from 22.00 to 05.00, unless you have a permit. Consequently, its not possible to
obtain an ID Card during that period, although some borders will allow a temporary declaration to be made. I’d be inclined not to rely on that
though.

gb1:
Be aware that the borders are generally closed for HGV’s from 22.00 to 05.00, unless you have a permit. Consequently, its not possible to
obtain an ID Card during that period, although some borders will allow a temporary declaration to be made. I’d be inclined not to rely on that
though.

Added to that, the roads are closed to trucks from 22.00 to 05.00 unless you have a permit.

Make sure you have a note of your milage when you arrive at the Swiss border on the way into Switzerland.
You’ll be asked for it by the road tax machine, it’s a tax per kilometre travelled.
Don’t try n short change them either. They have cameras at every border post which they can get you to hold against your tachograph, to read your kilometres themselves.