Switzerland

a mate of mine is starting a new job, it’s his first time doing continental work.
he will be running down to belgium to tip, then running empty to switzerland to load yoghurt for the UK.
i’ve only had to get t-forms at dover for tipping outside of the EU, but i’ve never loaded outside the EU for the UK. So i don’t want to guess, and land him in the [zb] on his first trip.
so any advice would be helpful. thanks.

limeyphil:
a mate of mine is starting a new job, it’s his first time doing continental work.
he will be running down to belgium to tip, then running empty to switzerland to load yoghurt for the UK.
i’ve only had to get t-forms at dover for tipping outside of the EU, but i’ve never loaded outside the EU for the UK. So i don’t want to guess, and land him in the [zb] on his first trip.
so any advice would be helpful. thanks.

Most companies in Swiss will already have accounts set up with an agent on the border and will give you documents and even which exit border to use

Although Switzerland is outside of the EU, the paperwork is shared and accepted in the Union

He won’t need T-Forms going into Swiss empty.
He WILL need all the usual documentation for a European trip (details in the sticky at the top of this forum).
He’ll also need the orange card for Swiss and to get the road tax slip from the machine on the border.
If he hasn’t got that orange card in his wagon, he’ll have to take all his vehicle documentation into the border offices (and a note of his milage reading) and get his wagon registered for Swiss Road Tax.
The easiest way to pay the tax is by a fuel card account.

He’s also got to remember to buy his Euro-Vignette in France (or Germany), on the way back from Swiss. There are very few places where you can buy it in Belgium and even fewer of those are handy. In France you can get it at Keskastell and Longueville services and at the last layby in France, called Aire de Etranger. Those are all on the route from Strassburg to Lux’.