Switzerland or mont blanc?

i’ve searched the stickys and searched the web, but i can’t find what i’m after.

My usual route to Verona was through the mont blanc. but that was a while ago and i can’t remember what the cost was.
i’ve found a site that told me that the transit tax for Switzerland was about 200 euros, but i don’t know if it’s right.

so does anyone know what the mont blanc price is one way and return? is there a time limit for the return?
and does anyone know the transit tax price for switzerland?

thanks.

tunnelmb.net/v3.0/gb/tarifgb.asp

well that’s the mont blanc answered by myself.

anyone know about this train that brit pete has mentioned? prices i mean, not how many wheels it has. :laughing:

try this ralphin

AND ALSO Ökombi

by reading the two sites you can chose, if you wish to use the trains or not
by the way going through Swiss, YOU will have to contend with traffic jams.
waiting time at the Tunnel, and // or at the two borders, plus night time driving
ban, cost of using the Swiss roads about €260euros , for one way depending on what they charge you for the use , read the EURO STICKY S;;

So what’s wrong with going via Austria?

If you want to go swiss how about Vallorbe-simplon,(which is the adr route) much cheaper than basel -Chiasso.

it might be that it takes too long, in time ,or too expensive
with the road charges for Germany costing up to 0.28cents a kilometre
and also the charges in Austria and for the Brenner, then the Italian maut
he needs to look at the costs from all possible routes and then pick which is the best and this may not be the cheapest, Not forgetting the DRIVING --BANS
which are in force,

brit pete:
it might be that it takes too long, in time ,or too expensive
with the road charges for Germany costing up to 0.28cents a kilometre
and also the charges in Austria and for the Brenner, then the Italian maut
he needs to look at the costs from all possible routes and then pick which is the best and this may not be the cheapest, Not forgetting the DRIVING --BANS
which are in force,

You don’t reckon it would still be cheaper than all that French/Italian motorway toll, plus the tunnel then pete? I had a regular run down to Udine, tip and reload groupage out of Verona and always went via Austria. But that was before all the new taxes.

@george3, the road charges start with the Euro-vignette
then maut from German border to Kiefersfelden ,Now the
Austrian road charges start, plus the Brenner ticket, not
forgetting the Summer driving bans, and night driving ban
in Germany/ Austria.Then we start in ITALY with about another €40-60 for the route to Verona, plus all the time taken ,wear and tear,
now look at the train costs between €450–550, depending
on which train you take,weights allowed up to 44tn when you have
booked in before hand, clean disk or card when you get to Novera(I)
You are 2hrs away from Verona, so you can get unloaded and depending where your reload is also get loaded in the same day,the Freiburg depot
can be reached in a 10hr shift from the docks if there are no
big problems, you can also run down to the station on a Sunday through
Germany when you have a confirmed reservation ,

In the end it is all about costs and which route is the best one for YOU;
WHAT IS REQUIRED THAT FOR ALL ROUTES you do a check out of the costs including the length of time it will take, beware that problems like
jams, accidents, strikes ,driving bans crop up,

Cheers pete, just bookmarked a couple of those train sites.

Have a read of the EURO STICKY;S also go back and read some of the
posts put on here by members which may help as well,by the way you are not allowed to be over 4:00 M for Novera,(I); ALSO WHAT ABOUT useing the
Köln (D)–Bustio(I) shuttle with a trailer that can run unaccompanied on the
shuttle , you have to use special trailers but again this can benefit as you can
use the accountant to get some sort of tax relief perhaps■■?
here is an example of a trailerlink ;There are many other types of trailer that can be used, also from other firms,