Switchy and the Mail

JeffA:
I can see his point really easily and its a thoughtful one too - just cos theres a payrise doesnt mean its a good thing for the economy.

I know its hard to grasp the nuance but do try cos its worth it.

I suppose an analogy is with people who graffiti - yeah im sure to you it looks great and you express whats in your soul…but come morning somebodys got to clean it all up.

THANK YOU! Yes! As I say at the end I fear long term damage trumps short term gain. Such a simple concept, one no one has to agree, many feel differently for good reason, but how these two trumpets have got themselves wound up by something I didn’t say is hilarious!

Monkey241:

switchlogic:

robroy:
As Mick Jagger once said…‘‘You can’t always get what you want’’ so in my view play with the hand you are dealt…and ffs move on.

If Farage and the likes followed this advice we’d still be in the EU

Well… you’re looking at 40 years and a dose of Unicorn ■■■ if you’re thinking of campaigning to rejoin

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Yeah we aren’t rejoining anytime soon, probably ever.

The second part of your comment will be your main claim to being a realist.

Was just about to read about how an RTC resulted in a suspended licence…

switchlogic:
Can’t even get that right can you

PMSFL @ all the screenshots of haters. You like scoring own goals don’t you? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Seems like your whole social media empire is in tatters and crumbling around your feet. Must be about time to get the begging bowl out again and put on your best Daily Mail sad-face expression?

I’m not sure a few pounds pay rise through voting for brexit was worth making lots of people feel unwelcome in a country that they’d come to live , work in , and then decide to leave . But as I voted to remain that’s not on my conscience .

JeffA:
I can see his point really easily and its a thoughtful one too - just cos theres a payrise doesnt mean its a good thing for the economy.

I suppose an analogy is with people who graffiti - yeah im sure to you it looks great and you express whats in your soul…but come morning somebodys got to clean it all up.

Ah…the Remain apologist obviously sees the point.
'Course…the nuance would also require one to see that wage suppression is ALSO unhealthy for the economy…never mind unhealthy for an ageing industry desperate to attract new blood.

DCPCFML:

switchlogic:

PMSFL @ all the screenshots of haters. You like scoring own goals don’t you? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Seems like your whole social media empire is in tatters and crumbling around your feet. Must be about time to get the begging bowl out again and put on your best Daily Mail sad-face expression?

Nope. Just proving you wrong. Which isn’t exactly hard. Those were the only negative ones from past 3 videos. 3 videos which have collected nearly 600 comments and 50k views in past few days. Most days my comment section sees more activity than this entire site these days. And just under 100k views in past 28 days. So yeah, crumbling, poor me.

switchlogic:

DCPCFML:

switchlogic:

Nope. Just proving you wrong. Which isn’t exactly hard. Those were the only negative ones from past 3 videos. 3 videos which have collected nearly 600 comments in past few days. Most days my comment section see more activity than this site these days. And just under 100k views in past 28 days. So yeah, crumbling, poor me.

That’s some ego you have there.

You are a rare beast, let’s face it; so you’re bound to attract the disaffected Remainer.

Monkey241:

switchlogic:

DCPCFML:

switchlogic:

Nope. Just proving you wrong. Which isn’t exactly hard. Those were the only negative ones from past 3 videos. 3 videos which have collected nearly 600 comments in past few days. Most days my comment section see more activity than this site these days. And just under 100k views in past 28 days. So yeah, crumbling, poor me.

You are a rare beast, let’s face it; so you’re bound to attract the disaffected Remainer.

Just stating facts. It’s not a boast, it’s not exactly brain surgery

switchlogic:

Monkey241:

switchlogic:

DCPCFML:

switchlogic:

Just stating facts. It’s not a boast, it’s not exactly brain surgery

Again, the realist in you comes to the fore.

No. It isn’t brain surgery.

Monkey241:

JeffA:

'Course…the nuance would also require one to see that wage suppression is ALSO unhealthy for the economy…never mind unhealthy for an ageing industry desperate to attract new blood.

Do you enjoy being saucy to complete strangers?

Hgv driver payrates are important to hgv drivers - but there are larger things at stake.

See? No need to call you names, just state an opinion and be friendly with it.

JeffA:

Monkey241:

JeffA:

Hgv driver payrates are important to hgv drivers - but there are larger things at stake.

Saucy?

No idea what your point is.

I simply pointed out your inherent bias and lack of objectivity.

If that’s a problem for you, please, please, please Google the Samaritans.

Monkey241:
[Again, the realist in you comes to the fore.

No. It isn’t brain surgery.

Monkey241:

JeffA:

Monkey241:

JeffA:

Saucy?

No idea what your point is.

I simply pointed out your inherent bias and lack of objectivity.

If that’s a problem for you, please, please, please Google the Samaritans.

If you were “right” and you “beat me” in the “argument” would you put your head on the pillow feeling any happier tonight? You dont do you. I know. Even if you “win” an internet argument you still feel dead inside.

Its not really worth being sarcastic is it? I might be a really nice bloke with a disabled kid to take care of. Just cos we disagree on something doesnt mean i have to try and insult you.

OK. So how about this for a proposal to keep both parties happy :

2 pay scales :

Pay scale 1 for all the EU-lover remainers to stay on the (max) £9-11/hr that the country would still be on if we were still in the EU.
Pay scale 2 for all the Brexiters, a natural market forces wage of £14-30/hr now that there’s no longer any competition from Romanians, Latvians.

Seems fair to me. Those that want to remain in the EU should have to live with the consequences of doing so. OK with you Vernon ?

DCPCFML:

2 pay scales :

Pay scale 1 for all the EU-lover remainers to stay on the (max) £9-11/hr that the country would still be on if we were still in the EU.
Pay scale 2 for all the Brexiters, a natural market forces wage of £14-30/hr now that there’s no longer any competition from Romanians, Latvians.

Seems fair to me. Those that want to remain in the EU should have to live with the consequences of doing so. OK with you Vernon ?

I’m starting to feel embarrassed for you! :smiley: Not very good at this are you?

Have a lovely evening and a great start to the week.

Worst thread ever

switchlogic:

DCPCFML:

2 pay scales :

I’m starting to feel embarrassed for you! :smiley: Not very good at this are you?

Have a lovely evening and a great start to the week.

Yet again, any attempt to divert attention from having to answer and the usual ad hominems for good measure. It must really annoy you that unlike your echo-chamber social media platforms where you have control over what people post and delete anyone who doesn’t agree with you, on here you don’t have that luxury. And it shows in your posts as the moment you get challenged on anything you try to change the subject and then run away to your mum. :smiley:

DCPCFML:
[Yet again, any attempt to divert attention from having to answer and the usual ad hominems for good measure.

Divert attention from having to answer your childish fictional scenario?

DCPCFML:
It must really annoy you that unlike your echo-chamber social media platforms where you have control over what people post and delete anyone who doesn’t agree with you

I’m starting to think you don’t really know how the internet works.

DCPCFML:
on here you don’t have that luxury. And it shows in your posts as the moment you get challenged on anything you try to change the subject and then run away to your mum. :smiley:

I’m also starting to think you’re trolling now and doing it quite well, well, nearly. Surely you’re not that dim?

Run away? A passionate EU fan who’s a leftie with an article ina paper that’s further right than the Mail which uses his name and picture and has contact details is running away? In contrast to you? The anonymous internet big man getting upset about fictional things on a increasingly little used forum. Yeah, it’s obviously me that’s running away. And where have I changed the subject? It’s you that keeps doing that, not me. You’re either a decent troll or a prize Idiot.

God bless

switchlogic:
Run away? A passionate EU fan who’s a leftie with an article ina paper that’s further right than the Mail which uses his name and picture and has contact details is running away? In contrast to you? The anonymous internet big man getting upset about fictional things on a increasingly little used forum. Yeah, it’s obviously me that’s running away. And where have I changed the subject? It’s you that keeps doing that, not me. Idiot.

God bless

Oh, you’re not running away now? OK, well when you’re ready, you can answer my earlier posts then, ideally without linking irrelevant screengrabs, ad hominems and homosexual references. Do you think you can do that, or are you going to skulk off crying to your mum again because some nasty driver is making you do things you don’t want to on the interwebs ?

===

Vernon:
“Wages vary enormously from job to job. But overall I feel the wages have been static at best.

“When I went to London to work for an agency, up to eight hours was £11, over eight hours £15 and Sunday £20 per hour. That was 17 to 18 years ago and the hourly rate seems to have at best remained static - and at worst gone down.

“I am surprised a little at the recent wage rises but it’s actually just proof we were underpaid. If they can just lift rates at the drop of a hat the way they have with little impact on their business.

AND WHAT DO YOU THINK COULD POSSIBLY BE THE REASON FOR THAT, MR. VERNON ■■?

===

2 pay scales :

===