SWINDON TRUCK STOP

I thought the bread was the only thing edible. At least it’s real bread and not that plastic.

( language edit ) jd
[/quote]
OMG :open_mouth: thinkin on now , stopped there for fuel and ordered a saus/egg sandwich whilst fuelling up
well if i did…it took best part of 10 mins to prep, probably due to trying to cut the the bread :confused:
(the chainsaw should of been the giveaway!!!) came out as 2" thick each slice, and if you like wearing your food
then its bang on…never again

Sounds like there maintaining standards, and not slipping. You were lucky you must have got them on a good day. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

WHAT A DUMP STOPPED THERE LAST NIGHT NEVER AGAIN GREASEY HORRIBLE PLACE.CHIPS WITH EVERYTHING

i made that mistake thursday night. like you say as long as you want chips and beans your sorted. £9 to park and a £1 off your meal and you have to pay £1.50 extra for a shower thats got more bacteria in it then a peice of under cooked chicken :open_mouth:

not on my recommended list :smiling_imp:

jon

Yep me too, never ever again

The ONLY two good points about the place is it has key fuels and it’s next door to Sainsbury’s, I only stop there for fuel and a bag of ice for me cool box (can’t afford a fridge) from Sainsbury’s, oh and cheaper smokes too hehe

Swindon Truck stop is great as long as you dont eat the food or drink draught beer. Get your food in Sainsburys and drink bottles in the bar.

I have never paid to park either. If they want 9 quid they will never see me in there

The food just be crap

I hear Sainsburys have applied for planning permission to extend the shop into the truck stop.
The truck stop may be a crap place but at least it is a place. Another few years and we we all be parking on the hard shoulder. :frowning: :frowning:

Go to junction 17 and use the Hideaway cafe instead

I’m sorry but the poeple who own Swindon truckstop have not not invested in it for years and the food is dire

Like Hideaway is any better■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

At least the Hideaway offer non fried food Lucy

They do? Last time I had a snigger at the poor fools eating there - and we’re only talking the week before last, so it hasn’t had time to change - even the salads were swimming in grease!

A good friend of mine parks in there from time to time, and on every single occasion he rings up and asks me what the [zb] he’s doing there. And that’s before we start on the fact that you don’t even get a shower in with your parking.

Go in, fuel up, sod off. You know it makes sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

i take on board about where to park but really both are awful. I try to avoid both- rather go and use membury, our company has a welcome break account.

jonboy:
i made that mistake thursday night. like you say as long as you want chips and beans your sorted. £9 to park and a £1 off your meal and you have to pay £1.50 extra for a shower thats got more bacteria in it then a peice of under cooked chicken :open_mouth:

not on my recommended list :smiling_imp:

jon

last time i was there was 7 years ago and it sounds the same. :imp: :angry: :angry:

NO COMMENT… you all said it! IT’s dire!

only stopped there once! :imp:

Even the rats give it a very wide berth, Crap food Crap service and the Crap bread you get with everything you order is cut way to thick and if you attempt to bite into it you may be spitting out quite a bit of porcelain :cry: :cry: :angry: :grimacing:

I had the misfortune to stop there last Thursday 5/6/08 Parking now up to £15.00. Also a notice to say food price rise soon.

At least there are no pot holes and Sainsbury`s is next door for cheap food

The tomato sauce is watered down as well

VERDICT THIS TRUCK STOP IS CRAP

Still as bad as ever then, the last time I was in there about 7 years ago it was dire, the food was c**p the place was dirty, and some of the one’s serving it looked like they needed steam cleaning, and as for the showers well I wouldn’t wash a motor bike in there. It’s a shame because it’s in a handy place for a truckstop.