Swimming to work

:cry: I’m going to have to swim to work tomorrow, the river Thames has burst its banks and I’ve just been told that it’s ment to be the worst down pour so far so I’m looking forward to that. Hope it dosen’t effect me that much. Is any one else effected by the weather?

Luckily I live on high ground and If I get flooded then everyone else really is in the ■■■■ .
The town down the road has the Trent running through it (burton on trent) and that this morning was at the highest I have seen it for years .Only a couple feet from the top of the Flood defences .
Went trapping down the M50 last night and when you looked across towards the Tewksbury direction :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Water as far as you could see , Lapping up only about 10 ft or so from the motorway .
Unbeleivable .
Fire engines and pumping units running up the M5 last night and all came off at Evesham and went thundering off in that direction.

No problems since I built an ark :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

If my house flooed the rest of the UK would be ■■■■■■■ I live on a very large hill.

I live in the New Forest so am fine. The mother in law lives in Tewkesbury so she is in the mire!!

She lives half a mile from the river and as of now the water is about 6 inches from entering her house.

Scary really as she hasn’t had water for 36 hours and no electricity for the same amount of time. I’m getting scared, much longer and she might have to come and stay with us!! :laughing:

When I lived in North Wales in a ground floor flat we were flooded 3ft deep. Not good :frowning:
I sympathise with those in the effected areas and always make sure I am up a hill nowadays.

always make sure I am up a hill nowadays.

So she moves to the Fens!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry Wendy, couldn’t resist. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It’ll all be OK :smiley: I can here the thunder of middle management / roundtable driven aid convoys heading in to rescure you all :unamused: :unamused:

Oh wait no I can’t ( just wouldn’t make glamorous enough christmas party small talk now would it ) “Gawsh Sebastian we actually slept in the ermm what’s it cawled…oh yes Lorry” :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: