Sweeper work proveing difficult

posted a thread about driving sweepers recently, have emailed alot of places but not joy as yet :frowning: is it a hard area to get into ? will my having no expireance be a big problem ? just woundering what other peoples expireance was in finding sweeper work ? really want to give this a go. just finding it abit of a dead end so far. if anyone on here can share how thay did it or how thay got into this work, id be glad to hear what thay have to say. thanks

Try a company in the wilds of Sussex called Sweeptech. I believe they’re looking for sweeper drivers no idea on rates or hours but Google them for contact details

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Please don’t take this the wrong way but if your spelling on the emails was as bad as it is here, then no office bod is ever going to take any notice and just delete it.
Also emails seems extremely lazy, why aren’t you going to these places in person, show you have a drive and are committed.

Look at it from from their perspective, some bloke with no experience just sends an unsolicited email that took him a few minutes to write… why would you consider employing him? It’s taken him no effort, little initiative and he’s probably sent the same email to loads of other people.

109LWB:
Please don’t take this the wrong way but if your spelling on the emails was as bad as it is here, then no office bod is ever going to take any notice and just delete it.
Also emails seems extremely lazy, why aren’t you going to these places in person, show you have a drive and are committed.

Look at it from from their perspective, some bloke with no experience just sends an unsolicited email that took him a few minutes to write… why would you consider employing him? It’s taken him no effort, little initiative and he’s probably sent the same email to loads of other people.

Aye…he needs to BRUSH UP on his technique :smiley:

robroy:

109LWB:

Aye…he needs to BRUSH UP on his technique :smiley:

i can be abit lazy on spelling on here, i make the effort if its a CV. there was one company that was looking for sweepers drivers. read the reviews on them and it was terrible !!! no wounder thay were looking for drivers. every person who worked there said avoid it like hell. gess its a starting point thought. thanks for the shout on company thats looking for driver, its abit far away sadly. as im in midlands. the bit that grips me about all this is one wants to give u a chance cause u dont know the job, then of u get the job thay say the moneys only min wage cause its a dumb down job that anyone can do…? lol well looks like going have to suffer the nightmere company in the short term.

Dont put too much credence in reviews. Its tends to be more disgruntled people who leave them. Also something that is terrible for someone might tick the boxes of another.

The other thing about reviews, or company/job recommendations, is that those in a very good job won’t shout about it from the hilltops, because good jobs tend to be recruited from recommends and those who work it out for themselves where often enough the comany don’t advertise for staff at all, some of the best jobs are kept low profile and it doesn’t take much imagination to work out that it might be music to current employee’s ears when some info out there might be shall we say a tad misleading.