Sweden

Hi
Can anybody advise me on a few issues thanks
I have a rigid which is 4.2M in height I will be going via Esbjerg to Sweden is there a hight restriction over there?
Can I drive on a sunday
how much is the road tax there also where do I get it many thanks all:)

My understanding is that a normal Benelux vignette is needed for Sweden and there are no restrictions on Sunday driving. Don’t know about heights…

Dont think you will have any issues with that height,certainly not in Sweden anyway as most of them are that height anyway.

I was over in Malmo a couple of months back in a rigid.
As said above Eurovignette required for Denmark & Sweden, easiest way is to book it online eurovignettes.eu/portal/, if not buy at the port or major petrol stations.

No Sunday restrictions in either Denmark or Sweden.

Not certain but fairly sure there’s a 4m height restriction in Denmark, I came in from Germany via Padborg and don’t recall any motorway bridges that would be a problem at 4.2 but I would definitely make proper enquiries before setting out.

The two toll bridges are quite pricey but great views (if you have a good head for heights :grimacing: ).

Really enjoyed my trip over there, people are friendly and the majority speak faultless English.

There IS a 4m height restriction in Denmark. Good catch! Road Transport Operations Denmark | Transports Friend

you’ll be fine with 4.2

also that website is out of date - max length in denmark has been 25.25m for years now

Certainly no sunday ban here.You don’t say which way you go from Esbjerg but if heading east on E20 I think a bridge by Nyborg should be avoided by exiting at 46 and going through town and back on at 45 and then once over the Storbælt bridge exit 41 and back on at 40 by Vemmelev. These two diversions cost about 5 mins each but better safe than sorry.

I used to live in Schista near Stockholm.The food drink is very expensive.They get taxed very high.My ex’s Dad was taxed at 70% of his earnings working for Kodak.
The quality of life is superior.Nice houses and cars.
Pack the Pot Noodles and Heinz soup.

you use to live where? :laughing: wherever it was, look out for “Rasta”, http://www.rasta.se/karta.htm, good food at a reasonable price, definitely cheaper than a routier for example

Toby,do you mean kista? Just north of Stockholm? Near the E4 north bound?
Sweden 4.5 meter hight so probs there.

Reg Danne

Yes that was it Kista.But i wrote it as it is pronounced with the silent word in the word.
Kista but spoken as Shesta.