Sweden!

Can you help??
we just quoted a job goin to sweden, its a panic job machine broken down think we have well over priced it, but incase we do get it we we’d appreciate some advice on what we have got ourselvs in to lol.it needs a deadicated truck to go to edingbrough pick up a container and then ship out, they havnt gave us an exact address yet, but say its 600 miles north of gothenburg.

My questions is, whats the crack in sweden this time of year? all i know is you need snow chains which i have, but thats all.
Whats the best way to get there? (ferry/road) if ferry how long does the crossing take if by road, through denmark, is there a ferry from there to gothenburg, or is there a bridge somewhere? just anythink any1 has ov doin sweden would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Jarvo.If your coming from North of England you can ship from Newcastle,Hull,Felixstowe or Harwich to Holland check internet for sailings.Pand O,Stenna ETC.From Holland you can go to Germany,then either with ferry from Travemunde,Kiel,Puttgarden or Rostock to either Danmark or Sweden.you can also drive,via Germany,Denmark and catch ferries from Kopenhagen,Helsingor,or Fredrickshaven to Sweden.
There is also a bridge from Kopenhagen to Malmo now so you dont take any ferries.Choice is yours.
Probably easiest is Travemunde\Trelleborg.Travemunde\Malmo,app 8hrs crossing.
Or you can just drive via Holland,Germany to Hamburg,Flensburg,Kolding,Odense,Kopenhagen,Bridge,Malmo.
The temp at the moment in S Sweden is min1 to min 5.North of Stockholm it gets progressively colder.where i live in Lappland it’s min32c.
Bring warm clothes,boots,gloves,hat,good sleeping bag,shovel,tow rope.Anything can happen,it can be sunny at midday and 1hr later a raging snowstorm.
If you want to know anything you can mail me . lappimike@gmail.com take care.mike

You could also go via Hamburg to Puttgarden and catch the ferry to Rødby. less than 1 hour crossing, then either use the bridge to Malmö or catch the ferry from Helsingør to Helsingborg, about a 15 minute crossing.

You will require the vignette for Sweden, and Denmark if you go that way.

the bridge to malmo is 134 euros each way. just so you know

I’d say your best bet is either the Puttgarden -Rødby then couple of hours drive to catch Helsingør - Helsingborg boat. This is my favourite way to go. Or you could ship Fredrikshavn to Goteborg, handy if you need to split a rest. Be careful about hight with a container on.

jarvo:
Can you help??
we just quoted a job goin to sweden, its a panic job machine broken down think we have well over priced it, but incase we do get it we we’d appreciate some advice on what we have got ourselvs in to lol.it needs a deadicated truck to go to edingbrough pick up a container and then ship out, they havnt gave us an exact address yet, but say its 600 miles north of gothenburg.

My questions is, whats the crack in sweden this time of year? all i know is you need snow chains which i have, but thats all.
Whats the best way to get there? (ferry/road) if ferry how long does the crossing take if by road, through denmark, is there a ferry from there to gothenburg, or is there a bridge somewhere? just anythink any1 has ov doin sweden would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry to be pedantic,but youve already priced this job but you dont know how your getting there,the best route and also tolls,ferries and bridge prices,how in gods name have you priced it■■?

Thats exactly what i thought of too,took a job,then ask about it. :blush:

Sorry chaps, my boss priced it to get the ferry from immingham to gothenburg (well i think it was that one, if it exsists lol,like i said never been out there b4), sorry should hav said that lol. i was just wondering what different ways you could go, so we could hav a look at them, and it was just a rough price based on that, so we could find stuff like this out then c what the best way was, or why no 1 elce seems to want to do it. should have thought about what i was writing really, and known what ppl would sayon here lol.

Thanks for your help though guys, they got back to us today and said they were interested, so just need to work out how long it should take (still need the propper address though) and we are gonna go from there.

Sorry, daft post lol!

toby1234abc:

Lol… sorry to be pedantic but it does say we have only priced the job, not got it… i should of explained better mayb though.
:blush: :blush:

toby1234abc:

Quality :laughing: from the master of random :laughing:

Back in 2007 we sent 2 artics to Sweden to deliver some furniture to the former president of Volvo trucks. We shipped Immingham to Gothenburg which from memory sailed at 03.00 on the Tuesday morning arriving 28-30 hours later. Nice ship but take your own supplies and entertainment. From memory, with all the surcharges etc was about £1600 single.

As mentioned you need your vignette and the cost of food is quite high whilst travelling in Sweden but the people are very friendly and the food excellent.

We reloaded in Malmo and travelled back by road. The Oresund bridge and the next one,(the name of which escapes me!) were both 1200 Swedish/Danish Kroner. We left Malmo on the Saturday morning and parked in the fruitmarket at Hamburg for the weekend, leaving Monday morning and catching the Tuesday morning ferry out of Dunkerque.

We did look at catching the ferry out of Espberg to Harwich but the infrequent sailings didn’t match the reload timings hence we ran to Dunkerque. Again from memory, that ferry costs about £1100 but don’t quote me on any of the costs as they will inevitably have gone up since 2007. Hope this helps

James

ah gr8, well job is on now so all the advice is gr8 thanks.

The price for the ferry we got quoted was 3100, rtn. we are goin to do it one way now, as we can reload the container in hamburg on the way back, (not bad considering we priced it for a round trip :open_mouth: :open_mouth: )
so worked out well.

Again thanks for the advice, and esp about the food. Difficult now though, as james said it was really nice but dear, so im gonna b torn between nice food or tinned food lol.

jarvo:

toby1234abc:

Lol… sorry to be pedantic but it does say we have only priced the job, not got it… i should of explained better mayb though.
:blush: :blush:

pts of ipswich daily runs to sweedon/ewalls cargo care immingham good luck

My prefferred route was always Stena Line Kiel-Gothenburg,thirteen and a half hours of pure relaxation :sunglasses:

Or,the food takes a lot of beating on the TT-Lines ships Travemunde-Trelleborg,and as much as you can eat.
For FREE!

And snow chains are not compulsory in Sweden,but winter tyres are.

Where can i buy the euro vignette when coming off the boat in trelleborg ■■ or is it same one as used in holland etc and could just buy one on way up and date it for when in sweden ■■?

yes you can make sure you have paid for enough days
saves getting fines as the price of the vignette is less than a Fine,

Good man, thanks for that.

keep er lit:
Where can i buy the euro vignette when coming off the boat in trelleborg ■■ or is it same one as used in holland etc and could just buy one on way up and date it for when in sweden ■■?

If you go on the Eurovignette website, its possible to book the vignette online, using either your credit card
or fuel card. It takes the hassle out of looking for somewhere to buy it.
By the way, you’ll love Sweden. Nice open roads, nice people, good food.

Got road tax in holland on way up, went over on travemunde–trelleborg ferry and back out on little ferry over to helsingor. Empty roads and pleasant people wont complain when get told goin again thats for sure!!