Sweden

Hi, anybody know of any UK firms who do regular Sweden? Or of any good companies in Sweden that employ brit drivers. Recently visited the country and loved it there so thoughts of maybe moving there some day.

hi mate, i think the only regulars heading that way are dome of the irish fridge boys, i think ralph davis goes there too (seen them heading south through denmark) you may be better pm’ing KW as he used to work for a swedish company (i love heading up there!)

thanks mat. yeah its a lovely country. I know some of the dutch companies do it alot i.e Soonius at Poeldijk but dont really want to be working for the cloggies. thanks for your info. will have a look into it. I know we might have a couple of trips next year in the daffodil season to Malmo so fingers crossed i may get the nod!

Grampian International in Aberdeen.

Edward Gilder in Glous, along with a few other livestock carriers.

Maybe try international heavy haulage companies like HC Wilson or Richard Long.

can’t recall the name, but blue rhd 164-480 scanias with white reefers seem to be a pretty common sight down the E4 from stockholm

The best thing to do is take your car up there for a few day’s and go and see some of the big transport companies,and make enquiries about jobs,pay and conditions etc.

Like the rest of europe,Sweden has seen a huge influx of east european driver’s and transport companies,from the Baltic states in particular,that are undercutting the Swede’s.

It depends on what kind of work you’re looking for,if it’s regulat trips to the UK then you’ll be disappointed,if it’s euro work,then you may have better luck.

Nils Hansson Ã…keri told all their Swedish driver’s that they were going to be replaced by German’s over a year ago.However,out of the 49 jobs they advertised to German driver’s,they only managed to fill 9 places!
If you don’t mind tramping up and down to Spain,then it might be worth going to see them.
They have very well equipped kit.

A lot of the trucks you see pulling for Swedish companies may be in the company livery,but are subbies from smaller companies.

ah ha somebody else interested in sweden.

i’m moving in april and hoping that my new language skills will be upto scratch to get a job

milodon:
can’t recall the name, but blue rhd 164-480 scanias with white reefers seem to be a pretty common sight down the E4 from stockholm

probably maguires of ireland, see a lot of them over there

HGV_Mikey:

i’m moving in april and hoping that my new language skills will be upto scratch to get a job

Hope you know more than Hej and Tak!!

TC

The_Catman:

HGV_Mikey:

Hope you know more than Hej and Tak!!

TC

Abba Ikea Scania Volvo Saab Roxette etc :stuck_out_tongue:

ja, jag pratar lite svenska

och jag kan skriva å, ä och ö

what about kim johannsons? they seem to be quite a large concern, and you see their trucks in the uk fairly often, or europa flyer, although i know they really used to be flyers

Kim Johansens are Danish Vern. They do go all over though.

the only uk co’s i see there most weeks are r.davies,baldry(surrey way i think)ptm reading,apart from that it mainly irish and of those there is only the co i work for who i would even contemplate doing it for,not unless you are in to sleep deprivation!!