Sweden advice please?

Hi guys,the company i am starting for have regular runs to sweden and germany, all of which is fridge work… I havnt been through germany before either,although i have read some of the other threads reagarding the maut system.Any ideas on the best route or if its worth buying the eurovignette for the whole trip would be greatly appreciated…

There are a variety of routes available. Taking a direct ferry from Germany, I used to go Travemunde - Trelleborg (7 hour sailing) and there is also crossing from Rostock (5.5 hour sailing), or going through Denmark with a ferry crossing from Putgarden (Germany) to Rodby (Denmark), followed by either using the bridge from Copenhagen to Malmo or the ferry from Helsingbor to Helsinborg.

As far as the Euro Vignette goes You will need it for Belgium, Holland, Denmark (if you go that way) and Sweden so it may be just as economical to buy it for the duration of the trip. It can work out cheaper buying for the week for instance, 7 days is the same price as 6, than buying it for 2 or 3 days followed by another 2 or 3 days and in fact on that run it could work out that you don’t have a complete day only in Germany when it wouldn’t be needed. Sales points are few and far between these days so personally on that run I would just buy it for the expected duration.

Sweden is a great country to visit and to drive in so you should enjoy it.

Thanks for that…as your in the luton area who are u working at the momment… i did a few runs for ashfields but didnt think much to what i had been asked to do…

TRY this site http://www.vv.se you need to switch to english just on the right at the top of the page,Pay attention to the tyre profile required,
As Coffeholic said you need the EURO-VINGETTE for sweden as well look at thegerman tips as there are sites which show where you can get the vingette, also when its WINTER time use the fuel from Sweden as it hasa better quailty
and much lower frezzeing(waxing) POINT which you will need as the temp is lower and you will have the wind chill factor which makes the temp even colder,you will need snow chains and more than one pair,
DO not drink at all it is 0 .0 alchol allowed . I know in Norway IT IS 100€ for
every km over the limit not sure what it is in Sweden

cheers for the link pete,any ideas where i can get me a maut atlas?? venlo maybe??

do you have a OBU unit fitted if not and you are going to be crossing germany regulary ,its worth your time and trouble to get it fitted,have you looked
at the http://www.ages.de this is one site that has locations, if not what about toll collect I BELIVE that they have a web site in GB as well or try this
http://www.toll-collect.de, and send them a e-mail asking for a maut map book,

When you use the maut-machine to book your route you can not go off the route with out changing the route you gave into the machine.also you get
a time limit and some times this may not be long enough due to incidents
which some times happen like accidents,traffic jams, road closeures,etc…

Pete, they have increased the time limits and it should no longer be as much of a problem. I have a ticket here from Venlo to Hannover-Messegelande, 356 km, and they allowed15 hours. Another ticket from Hannover-Herrenhausen to Straelen Grenze, 292 km, they allowed 12 hours.

yes Neil but my mate had to drive a hired lorry and his problem was that when he had to go off route he had to re-book-thechange of route,or when he
had to do 11hrs break,this is without the time it takes to ok the route in,ALSO
we have every boss shouting about effective use of driveing and working time
it makes sense to fit a unit ,and we will have in the near future a EURO-MAUT
which means ,we willhave to have a unit fitted and to be honest the german
system is one that many countrys are looking at for their own use and this includes the GB,

There is also a Stena Line crossing from Kiel to Göteborg which is a 13.5hr crossing.There is only one sailing a day each way which sails at 19.30 arriving

There is also a Stena Line freight boat that goes from Travemünde to Göteborg.

All depends on where in Sweden you are going and whether you have to take into account a daily rest period,going over Denmark is longer and quite expensive,very few companies use the bridge from Copenhagen to Malmo as it is not cost effective.

[quote=“KW”

All depends on where in Sweden you are going and whether you have to take into account a daily rest period,going over Denmark is longer and quite expensive,very few companies use the bridge from Copenhagen to Malmo as it is not cost effective.[/quote]

Dont think there is a lot in it price wise anymore, just down to time and were in Sweden you are going, Going upto Padborg then taking the Storebelt bridge, over to Copenhagen to take the bridge to Malmo into Sweden will take you a little longer than taking the ferry to Rodby then the bridge to Malmo, A lot of the Irish trucks that run to Sweden and Finland use the Immingham Esbjerg dfds sailing then use both bridges in Denmark. Not sure of price now as we use the tag machine in the window, like dart tag, or ring up the spedition we are working for and get a ref number for the bridges.
sdj

& Sweden has helicopters checking the speed limits…( They are really only checking unlimited speeds…)