Swapping license for eu license whats happens to cpc?

Hi all,
Just something that has been going round in my head, my dads from Ireland and is always going back and fourth and I go with him sometimes. Now what I was wondering is, if a driver was to swap his British license for a Irish one what would happen to his CPC card? So say I passed my test and got my CPC card would the Irish government swap that as well or does it stay British, then you drive in Britain with a Irish license and a British CPC card?? Sorry I think to much i know…

mknutjob:
Hi all,
Just something that has been going round in my head, my dads from Ireland and is always going back and fourth and I go with him sometimes. Now what I was wondering is, if a driver was to swap his British license for a Irish one what would happen to his CPC card? So say I passed my test and got my CPC card would the Irish government swap that as well or does it stay British, then you drive in Britain with a Irish license and a British CPC card?? Sorry I think to much i know…

If a LGV driver has a valid DQC (driver cpc card) then that card is valid in ALL EU countries until it expires

As a bit of an add on …
All 35 hours MUST be done in one EU country to qualify for a DQC

Thanks again Rog,
Ok so technically a Irish driver could drive over here with a cpc card gained in Poland and a digital tacho-card from Germany? No wonder vosa are so useless they must be tripping over themselves lol :smiley:

mknutjob:
cpc card gained in Poland and a digital tacho-card from Germany?

Dunno about cpc card but what I’ve understood your driving licence and tacho-card should be issued in the same country, easier to register to one another… …never had a tacho-card in Finland so had to swap my licence to UK one to get a tacho-card in here.

you def need your licence and digi card from the same country or it will cost you quite a few euros in fines in europe.
on the cpc thing though there have been posts on this forum that certain EU member states licence holders won’t be doing it like NL for example apparently because they already have a training scheme set up but with a different name :question: :question:

welshboyinspain:
on the cpc thing though there have been posts on this forum that certain EU member states licence holders won’t be doing it like NL for example apparently because they already have a training scheme set up but with a different name :question: :question:

That has probably changed as it is now an agreed EU thing that all member countries recognise each others DQCs

It’s easier than you think. :grimacing:
After you did your training 35 hours and are registred (grandfather rights)
Or you passed your DCPC (new drivers) your driver license get a “Code 95” this means if you exchange your license in another EC country, your Code 95 get put on your new license.

To gain your code 95 your training provider need to be JAUPT reconised, and your training hours need to be registred by the DVLA.
This “code 95” is for all EC countries the same.

However if you exchange your license in a non EC country (e.g. farawayistan, baretitson the beach) you will lose your “Code 95”

you wait, some old timer will be on later saying he’s actually tipped in farawayistan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mknutjob:
Thanks again Rog,
Ok so technically a Irish driver could drive over here with a cpc card gained in Poland and a digital tacho-card from Germany? No wonder vosa are so useless they must be tripping over themselves lol :smiley:

Its quite common to see drivers with documents like this. Their passport or ID could be from elsewhere too.

you wait, some old timer will be on later saying he’s actually tipped in farawayistan

Aye and delivered Fridges to an eskimo and sand to the Sahara :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing:

welshboyinspain:
you wait, some old timer will be on later saying he’s actually tipped in farawayistan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

…with an Atkinson twin-splitter :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

zippy!:

mknutjob:
Thanks again Rog,

Its quite common to see drivers with documents like this. Their passport or ID could be from elsewhere too.

i think my passports and ID’s come from elsewhere too - the seller is vague on ebay of their origins - he just say’s ask no questions and i’ll tell you no lies . fair enough.

I’ve been to BareTitsonthebeach - It’s near Monaco