Swapping cards over

(Legitimately)

My next Tacho card arrived in the post, the valid dates don’t have any overlap, so as I work nights at present I was pondering if I need to schedule a stop for 23:55 GMT on the last day of the old card.

After checking the dates the new card is valid from a Monday, so would be on weekly rest so not a problem for me, but still wondering if you can finish a shift off as your digicard expires overnight?

You will indeed have to stop for midnight as the trucks tacho head will eject your present card at that very time even if you are driving at the time

chipliner:
You will indeed have to stop for midnight as the trucks tacho head will eject your present card at that very time even if you are driving at the time

Worth knowing in advance then! Thanks.

Keep going and see what happens…

I began using my new card last Monday morning. I made sure the office knew I’d got a new card so they could photocopy it for their records, and add it to tachmaster

I don’t know if this has happened to anyone else, but thought I’d mention it just in case:

last time I got a new card (2018) when I inserted it, the tacho display made it look like the card was faulty. After the initial boot up the display didn’t show any driving time elapsed, nothing showed up for about 6 or 7 hours. No biggie I though, I’ll just do a print out at the end of the day.

Then when I was about 45mins away from base, it all kicked in as you would expect it to look, it had recorded everything that had happened. Weird…

Had wondered this myself as first new one arrived back end of last year. But unfortunately it landed on a Saturday so never got to find out.

I assume someone didn’t think if might drivers when they invented digital tachos. At least could have allowed it to go until the ignition was next off.