swanshaws

anyone ever done anything for them? they have rang me on several occasions offering return loads but i havent taken one as i,ve always been fixed up that day, any ideas of what they like ,terms etc

chaversdad:
anyone ever done anything for them? they have rang me on several occasions offering return loads but i havent taken one as i,ve always been fixed up that day, any ideas of what they like ,terms etc

There a decent bunch, though the rates are a bit gash at times, their main traffic is flat bed work, they pay on time [their terms, not yours though].

Ralph the German, who speaks / swears as good as ANY englishman, is a good lad [if he is still there], shame the ■■■■ “supports” the scum at the end of the A52 EASTERN END :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

thanks for the reply, flats are what i run anyway so will do something foe them next time i,m asked, its getting harder to find decent people to load back off as everyone wants to rip you off nowadays ,dont know how some of them sleep at night so it makes a change to hear somthing positive about a returnload co

Why would a German support Mablethorpe? :smiley:

had a few months fulltime with em in 2007 not a bad setup keiths a decent sort, not sure what payment terms are for the odd load, i was getting weekly payments which was a nice change while it lasted, never worked out how they managed to get such good rates out of celsa cardiff, did a few loads that paid daft money for the mileage involved!
as for ralf think there was definetly a comunication breakdown i.e neither of us could understand a single word the other was saying.

i work direct for celsa myself and the rates actually arent all that bad though its a bit quiet at the moment, its flat loads from london and the harwich area i,ll be looking for back to the north east, what you upto now paul thought you had enough of trucks for a while

well building jobs been ok for the last six-eight months or so but it looks like it’s going to be a very tough winter, not had a realistic enquiry for about two months which dosn’t bode well, toying with the idea of doing a bit of agency work upto christmas and take it from there, seems to be plenty of driving work about at the mo.
as you know i to was direct from celsa and i reckon they were probably the best costumer i had in terms of rates and getting paid on time just couldn’t find anything decent to get me down there, think swanshaws must’ve had some sort of deal with them to cover last minutes loads, remember doing one to warrington that paid £700.
glad to see you’ve weathered the storm with the fuel price rises, i did a fair few loads from beaver hire in greys for swanshaws iirc they paid quite a decent rate.

i think we,ve just about weathered the storm though i know a few unfortunates who havent quite managed it and called it a day, another 10p a litre off and i,ll be a happy chappy again, get your backside back in a truck, winter on a building site doesnt sound like much fun to me! thanks for the info :smiley: