Suzie Covers???

I don’t suppose anyone has a source for the line huggas these days ? From what I gather the fta had exclusive rights to sell them , they are out of stock of them ( they only have the smaller diameter ones for the electrical lines ) and won’t be getting any more . :angry: _

Anyone know where I can get suzie line covers online■■? Cant find them anywhere. :question:

CDC used to sell them, but i did hear that it would be cheaper for you to nick a pair of your wife’s thick tights, they do the same job and last just as long too :open_mouth: :laughing:

Shuttlespanker
you beat me to it, better still he could blag a couple of pairs of tights from the bosses wife and not have to pay for em himself

go on cdc truckstuff they sell them or go to any cdc store they are at some truck parks

Keep em tidy and you shouldn’t need any :sunglasses:

just a few quick question!

why do you want them?

is it to stop them getting covered in grease? if it is dont bother cos the grease still goes through.

or is it to stop them getting tangled? if this is the case just feed the elec lines up through the centre of the nearest airline, apart from abs line obviously and they will never get tangled and you only need to bend over once to pick two lines up (im getting lazy in my old age) :wink:

Yeah its to stop them from tangling. The plugs on my old trailer are all on opposite sides from the unit so all the lines are crossing eachother. They get into a right tangle after a while. Had a look on CDC website but cant see the covers.
Ill maybe try that tip of feeding the electrical lines up the airlines, never thought of that cheers.

What a crackingly simple solution. Thanks for that.

The_Jammer:
Yeah its to stop them from tangling. The plugs on my old trailer are all on opposite sides from the unit so all the lines are crossing eachother. They get into a right tangle after a while. Had a look on CDC website but cant see the covers.
Ill maybe try that tip of feeding the electrical lines up the airlines, never thought of that cheers.

Also use a cable tie near the ends to hold them together.

get down to your local builders merchants. drainage pipe will do the job.
that’s the one with the holes in, i thought i’d tell you that, as some people on here will have a vision of a soil pipe with a susie running through it, complete with a new B&Q toilet. :laughing:

I have never used anything but rubber bungees or tilt rubbers to separate and keep them untangled, but the biggest problem is the amount of cables with ABS, EBS, and electrical lines, although Lee G has the idea.

A lot of the time a couple of hours spent in the workshops adjusting or altering the angle of the brackets can help, no good for a leased fleet truck I know, but some of the small company O/D setups seem to work, even on ferry trailers which are all over the place.

linehugga.com/index.html

The idea looks simple and I would have dissed it, until I broke my first airline 3 years ago because it snagged on a sharp edge

The_Jammer:
Anyone know where I can get suzie line covers online■■? Cant find them anywhere. :question:

linehugga.com/index.html