suzi

on a modern artic you have 5 suzies
yellow
red
abs
and two electric ones
on and old type you had four what were they

answers from truckers only no lorry drivers please

Red, yellow, Blue, all on taps. no self sealing nonsense :smiley: :wink: … and electrics- just markers, tails and indicators, no fog or reversing lights

bogieman:
on a modern artic you have 5 suzies
yellow
red
abs
and two electric ones
on and old type you had four what were they

answers from truckers only no lorry drivers please

red yellow blue and one electric…

Rikki-UK:
Red, yellow, Blue, all on taps. no self sealing nonsense :smiley: :wink: … and electrics- just markers, tails and indicators, no fog or reversing lights

The first truck I drove had 5 suzis, the 3 air lines and 2 electrical, but the trailers, mostly Dutch Tilts only had connections for 2 airlines and 1 electrical.
What was the blue line for? I seem to recal some sort of sticker that siad this truck is designed to run on 2 airlines.
And air taps, great connect the air lines turn on the taps then try and seal the palm couplings. :laughing:

Rikki-UK:

oh the number of times i forgot to turn the taps on … :unamused:

bowser:

Rikki-UK:

or turn them off when uncoupling , dont half make a mess of your hair :grimacing: :grimacing:

In fact, although some trucks had a blue airline, most didn’t and just had a red and yellow line plus one for the electrics.

Rikki-UK:

bowser:

Rikki-UK:

or turn them off when uncoupling , dont half make a mess of your hair :grimacing: :grimacing:

There are probably many drivers on here wishing they still had enough hair for the airlines to make a mess of. :laughing:

Rikki-UK:

bowser:

Rikki-UK:

makes you jump aswell … :grimacing:

wasnt the blue connector quite thick .? ( if you get my drift ) i seem to remember it was a bigger connector than the rest .

How times change, I guess many of todays lads wouldnt know what a chock rail is, what you use a back scotch for, (or be able to describe one) or know what to get if told to put some dunnage on the back out of the yard.

The blue line was the emergency brake line.
If you operated the “dead man”, it poured maximum air pressure into the trailer brakes.
I rather think that the two line system did/does the same, but down the yellow line.

Regards,
Nick

muckles:

Rikki-UK:

bowser:

Rikki-UK:

There are probably many drivers on here wishing they still had enough hair for the airlines to make a mess of. :laughing:

Ok ok :frowning:

yellow, red and one electric when I started - my dad told me about the blue one though :smiling_imp:

Rikki-UK:
How times change, I guess many of todays lads wouldnt know what a chock rail is, what you use a back scotch for, (or be able to describe one) or know what to get if told to put some dunnage on the back out of the yard.

Or when a trailer brake was a ratchet lever in front of the trailer wheels and if it wasn’t applied, the trailer would run away from you when you went to pick it up.
I remember that the chock rail was what fork lift drivers used instead of a brake and that a back scotch would sit between/behind the trailer legs, along with the dunnage…
I don’t wish I was young again though.

Regards,
Nick.

I remember that the chock rail was what fork lift drivers used instead of a brake and that a back scotch would sit between/behind the trailer legs, along with the dunnage…

is the right answers :grimacing: although the back scotch or dunnage was also used to put behind a trailers wheels to stop you chasing it round the yard backwards when trying to hitch it up and it had no air :wink:

Or when a trailer brake was a ratchet lever in front of the trailer wheels and if it wasn’t applied,

the days when knocking off the trailer brake involved hanging off the chock rail with both hands while kicking seven bells out of the lever to get it to free

Should have seen me looking for the ratchet to release the trailer brake when I started back up the road :blush: Easy life now… :slight_smile:

wish we still had the taps, i blew the red line on tues night and was stuck in the middle of the yard

till i changed it, luckily firm i was collecting from lent me a suzi so only 20 mins blocking their yard,

brakes wouldn’t of stuck on if had a tap on unit, would of been tap off, push the shunt button on

the trailer then reverse back in bay out of the way

Did anybody use the ratchet type handbrake ? And I thought dunnage was to put under things to enable the forklift driver to get his forks out

bald bloke:
Did anybody use the ratchet type handbrake ? And I thought dunnage was to put under things to enable the forklift driver to get his forks out

to be honest i didnt use them unless i had to and i hated trying to get the buggers to release , kicking the crap out of them still meant you had to grab the cable and give it a good old yank … god dam things.