suspension

Suspension■■? can you be suspended by your employer over the phone?

Suspended on full pay I would have thought so yes, but suspended without pay would depend on the companies disciplinary procedure, I imagine they would be on thin ice suspending someone without pay over the phone as any disciplinary action against you should be put in writing stating what the complaint is so that you have the opportunity to prepare for a disciplinary hearing.

Having said that my knowledge of industrial disciplinary procedure is a bit weak so wait for someone better qualified to reply :wink:

suspension…over the phone…phfurrr…

i can beat that, i got told that it had been decided i would be discharged from the navy over the phone. :open_mouth:

hope you get it sorted and its not too serious mate

Well i put a grievence in against a supervisor for victimiation bit worried as her father in law is the gaffer and all her family work there. i won my grievence but she has since handed in information at her disciplinery and i was suspended over the phone alleged gross misconduct for falsifying information!!! i put a grievence letter in and i won hows that falsifying information?

You had a redundancy letter on the 13th of this month then you get suspended by phone about 4 days later :open_mouth:

I see from your other posts that you have union representation so get them involved asap.

sounds a bit like the great british haulage game of “driver culling” so its cheaper than paying redundancy

I replied in your other thread - HERE

You need help mate, but can you just use one thread, we might miss an instalment.

Redundant, then suspended, ■■?