susies

Call me a bonehead if you like but ive just been asked by a new driver why they call susies by that name and after 34yrs on the road i have to admit I DONT KNOW help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The name derives from the designer Mrs, Susan Chamberlain. She worked for Allied Plastics of Stockport during the early 60’s I think.

Thx for that trubrit much oblidged.

It is a shortened version of “suspended couplings”

Harry Monk:

My explanation wasn’t even close to yours Harry!! :open_mouth:
Iv’e carried that info for 30 years now.

Thanks harry, i tell you it embarrasses me this one.Just proves the old saying,you learn something every day.

Trubrit:

Harry Monk:

I think someone was pulling your pudding, old mate! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:

Trubrit:

Harry Monk:

I think someone was pulling your pudding, old mate! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sounds like that to me as well, you shouldn’t believe all your told or read!!

I was sat alongside a No61 bus in Liverpool the other day and it said “India” on the tyre, but it was still only going to Aigburth! :wink:

Ross.

but harry that’d be “sussies” a whole different piece of kit - i’m sticking with your version trubrit :laughing:

When I saw the title of this thread I thought we were having a town by town guide of all the Susies in the motorhomes in Europe.

jj72:
but harry that’d be “sussies” a whole different piece of kit - i’m sticking with your version trubrit :laughing:

How’s a man sposed to start an “urban myth” around here :unamused:

Trubrit:

Lol, you are a BAD MAN and you are sure to ROAST IN HELL for your wickedness! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:

Trubrit:

Lol, you are a BAD MAN and you are sure to ROAST IN HELL for your wickedness! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I apologize unreservedly to you DafDave, I’m on medication.

Hmm that could be one for a google search. I did once repair one that i,d ripped . That was when they were metal ends. I unsrewed the other end and matched the wires and it worked. I belive today they are all moulded.

toothpick johnny:
Hmm that could be one for a google search. I did once repair one that i,d ripped . That was when they were metal ends. I unsrewed the other end and matched the wires and it worked. I belive today they are all moulded.

I still carry a box of olives and a shifting spanner. Are you telling me it is obselete?

I prefer susies sussies :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

toothpick johnny:

I still carry a box of olives and a shifting spanner. Are you telling me it is obselete?

is that a hammer? :unamused:

dafdave:
Call me a bonehead if you like but ive just been asked by a new driver why they call susies by that name and after 34yrs on the road i have to admit I DONT KNOW help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cos that’s who makes them and still do.

mmmmmmm interesting :open_mouth:

jimti:

Wheel Nut:

toothpick johnny:

Sorry. Adjustable spanner :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

jimti:

Wheel Nut:

toothpick johnny:

Sorry. Adjustable spanner :stuck_out_tongue:

variable pressure regulator??!!!