SUSIES

Just to be awkward, Soo-zee’s :laughing:

Like run-up ramps for the 5th wheel, I have always known them as Early Risers!

Isn’t a dwang the sound it makes when they come undone and rattle down the side of the truck?

trevHCS:
Isn’t a dwang the sound it makes when they come undone and rattle down the side of the truck?

I wouldn’t know :open_mouth: :blush:

trevHCS:

I think you’re missing something trev! The idea is you fasten them tight enough
to secure the load, then they can’t as you put it, " rattle down the side" :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

kevmac47:

Pennineman:
A few of us on here have used these blue suzies a time or two on the road!

When we used blue “susies” you would be a “lorry driver”.
Personally I’ve never ever driven a “truck” apart from
a fork lift truck! I wonder what the original poster would
make of the regional words used for fasteners used on
steel? Regional variations were, Scotland a “dwang”,
Northern England a “warwick”, other areas were a
" tensioner ", a “twitch”, a “loadbinder”.
I’m sure there were other names but we
don’t want to upset the sensitive little “trucker”,
Do we?? :unamused: :unamused: regards Kev.

I didn’t know they had a name other than dwangs.

westway cruiser:
Hi Guys

I know I am being very “picky” but one thing that annoys me is when drivers call the flexible connections between truck & trailer “SUZIES”. Firstly, the airlines are called airlines; they are NOT “suzies”. SUSIES (correctly spelt) relates to the electrical lines only.

How many times have you called a vacuum cleaner a hoover though? Or referred to internet access as “the wifi”, one which does my head in?

one that irritates me slightly is an Operators certificate of professional competence ( CPC ) for road transport operations, wrongly called a “TRANSPORT MANAGERS CPC” which it certainly aint !!!

I only clicked on the post as i thought it was about Sussies , can you imagine how disappointed i was…

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Pennineman:
A few of us on here have used these blue suzies a time or two on the road!

It was to feed red diesel from the secret tank which was hidden in the trailer To your main tank.

C+ or even C type couplings were never leak proof so running fuel through them would be a big giveaway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weewulliewinkie:
one that irritates me slightly is an Operators certificate of professional competence ( CPC ) for road transport operations, wrongly called a “TRANSPORT MANAGERS CPC” which it certainly aint !!!

It was a CPC before drivers had to have one and it’s a pass/fail exam, not a turn up to make the numbers up day.

Just call them wires

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

It was more fun when the girl who invented Polyamide tubing put a twist in it and gave her name to the pipes that drivers use, there was even a pin up photo of Suzi

I think she invented the coil too :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

weewulliewinkie:

It was a CPC before drivers had to have one and it’s a pass/fail exam, not a turn up to make the numbers up day.

Yep, annoys me no end that the status of a decent Professional qualification was effectively leeched off to add credibility to some pointless everyone’s a winner busy work ‘training’.