Survey on the spare parts for commercial vehicles in UK

I work for a french company willing to discover the UK market for parts for commercial vehicles.
Please could you take 4 minutes to fill in this survey.

Thank you !!

cdc.sphinxonline.net/IUTLAVTC-Ch … /index.htm

If you can do better than the major manufacturers, you’ll make a fortune.

That shouldn’t be hard.

It doesn’t work, by the way. Much like HGV parts distribution networks.

It seems to work well now.

@happydaze: The company currently supplies its spare parts 25% cheaper than other competitors on the french market for quality of origin products !! I think exporting should be all right.

APR44:
It seems to work well now.

@happydaze: The company currently supplies its spare parts 25% cheaper than other competitors on the french market for quality of origin products !! I think exporting should be all right.

It does now, so I’ve filled it in for you.

French (vehicle) products don’t have the best reputation in the UK, so you’d have to do a bit of convincing!

Exporting is fine, but it’s always the network that lets people down. My boss tried to buy a headlamp for a popular truck on Friday and was told that there wasn’t one in the London area! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Hi, I’ve filled out your survey.

We have a high turnover of parts, partly for own-fleet work but mostly for our customers.
We operate service vans, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including bank holidays/christmas/new year).
We get called to all types of commercial vehicle, from a wee Nemo van to a 800hp Faun.
When we need parts, we need them NOW.

We can usually get bits we need out of hours, we carry a lot of common parts in stock ourselves (chambers, airbags, valves, wings and stays), but for specific stuff like starter motors, alternators, turbo’s and the like, we can get the commercial factors to come and open up for us (albeit paying a call-out fee), if the dealers are closed.

So to keep me happy as a customer, you’d have to be able to provide parts at 0315 on a Sunday morning