Surprising Overtake

Now, I don’t want anyone to be shocked or upset by this, but, today, I got overtaken by a TOSCO Solo Tractor Unit, on the northbound M5 around Wellington, I was doing a Mind Blowing 87kmph, he must have been doing a totally Inconsiderate Road Hogging 89kmph.

I didn’t see the driver’s face but I feel sure that he would have had his teeth gritted & he would have been Sweating Profusely, worrying about his Tacho Analysis at the end of the day.

If anyone feels the need to discuss this further, please contact- Victim-Support@Tesco-have-you-got-hi-vi … oots.co.uk

Must have been stolen

Agency

Martin has been on the sauce again.

Conor:

Ha ha, not yet Conor, but it’s nearly Beer o’clock. [emoji482]

It’ll be from Magor or Avonmouth, they have about 10 that will do 56 for the Cornwall runs. It is scary driving them when you’re used to 50. One guy in Avon refused to drive one as he said he hadn’t been trained :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

as above, theres a load of tesco units that backline use for devon/cornwall that all do 56

chooch:
One guy in Avon refused to drive one as he said he hadn’t been trained :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Every supermarket depot with in-house transport has a few of that sort. I can imagine the canteen conversations when the 40mph limit got scrapped… “I’m still going to do 38mph, it’s not safe to go anymore until we’ve had training for driving at speed & my KPI’ will go down”. :unamused:

Wonder if it was the same ‘bloke’ who needed the fire brigade to rescue him from the trailer when his tail lift broke? :laughing:

rob22888:
Wonder if it was the same ‘bloke’ who needed the fire brigade to rescue him from the trailer when his tail lift broke? :laughing:

Last place i worked at had to have all the tail lifts made to go down always, had a 30 min cut out and a driver got stuck up in the back, decided to jump down and broke his ankle, silly sod all he had to do was use the key fob to unlock/lock the cab and it turns it back on anyway :unamused:

I feel your pain, this week on the a92 I was absolutely blitzed by a asda motor. He is obviously making up for all the ones I overtake everyday :grimacing:

G6Bob:
I feel your pain, this week on the a92 I was absolutely blitzed by a asda motor. He is obviously making up for all the ones I overtake everyday :grimacing:

Asda drivers seem to have fully embraced the new limits as I’m regularly overtaken by them. The child in me wants to ignore them and not flash them in as payback for the last 20 odd years of never being flashed in by them, but I retain my cool air of professionalism and indeed flash them in.

the maoster:

G6Bob:

Asda drivers seem to have fully embraced the new limits as I’m regularly overtaken by them. The child in me wants to ignore them and not flash them in as payback for the last 20 odd years of never being flashed in by them, but I retain my cool air of professionalism and indeed flash them in.

Ive noticed a few subbys now dragging asda trailers,asda has probably realised that a subby will do 4 stores instead of 1,i worked for asda years back and a few of the drivers used to do 45 on mways and brag about it :unamused: i used to do 56 ,fiddle the time sheet and have an extra 20 mins at the drop with a cup of tea and the paper,chuff that bibbling along causing havoc :wink:

martinviking:

Conor:

Ha ha, not yet Conor, but it’s nearly Beer o’clock.

If no alcohol* was involved, I can only assume that your trite, stale post was due to your over excitement and giddiness at it being Friday afternoon.

Calm yourself lad. You’re the reason some of us get stuck in traffic on a Friday evening.

*other mind altering substances are available

seth 70:

the maoster:

G6Bob:

Ive noticed a few subbys now dragging asda trailers,asda has probably realised that a subby will do 4 stores instead of 1,i worked for asda years back and a few of the drivers used to do 45 on mways and brag about it :unamused: i used to do 56 ,fiddle the time sheet and have an extra 20 mins at the drop with a cup of tea and the paper,chuff that bibbling along causing havoc :wink:

New speed limit?

Do asda offer a fuel saving bonus or something? I don’t have a choice our trucker are limited to 52… on flat ground :smiling_imp:

I was a honorary soldier of the 56 squadron today in a hired Merc :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

chooch:
It’ll be from Magor or Avonmouth, they have about 10 that will do 56 for the Cornwall runs. It is scary driving them when you’re used to 50.

Get a [zb]ing grip you queer.

It’s “scary” doing 56mph?, [zb] me. :unamused:

choooch:
will do 56 for the Cornwall runs. It is scary driving them when you’re used to 50.

Yes,that whole extra 6 miles an hour really is the difference between a snails pace and a white knuckle ride.
Im gonna be honest with you,I dont think I could even feel the difference between 50mph and 56mph without looking at the speedo

Contraflow:

Oh oh oh the monkeys back and your gonna be sorry, hey la le la the monkeys back!

Contraflow:

chooch:
It’ll be from Magor or Avonmouth, they have about 10 that will do 56 for the Cornwall runs. It is scary driving them when you’re used to 50.

Ha ha classic. Got to love contraflow.

martinviking:
Now, I don’t want anyone to be shocked or upset by this, but, today, I got overtaken by a TOSCO Solo Tractor Unit, on the northbound M5 around Wellington, I was doing a Mind Blowing 87kmph, he must have been doing a totally Inconsiderate Road Hogging 89kmph.

I didn’t see the driver’s face but I feel sure that he would have had his teeth gritted & he would have been Sweating Profusely, worrying about his Tacho Analysis at the end of the day.

If anyone feels the need to discuss this further, please contact- Victim-Support@Tesco-have-you-got-hi-vi … oots.co.uk

:astonished:o :smiling_imp: ps: :blush: :blush: you vikins come over hear grape pilidge loot and now let tosco.s finest over take you :wink: :wink: