Surefreight

Does anyone know anything about this company, i’ve been offered a job by them but dont know what they are like.
Cheers

One of my most irritating colleagues went there because he wanted to do some ‘real tramping’ and be a ‘proper trucker’. He lasted about a month before he came creeping back to us…

If you are used to doing Irish work ex Heysham etc you’ll be fine. If you have to ask about it on TNUK you might find it hard work.

Good luck anyhow,

W

it’s paid by the trip. all work is out of heysham, and liverpool.
you need to be down the road on sunday to give you a full card for monday, they pay about an extra £20 for working sunday, it dosn’t sound much, but it works out ok as you can tip first thing monday morning, probably swap trailers, be up at the dock, turn and be on the doorstep with your next one on tuesday.
the trip money varies. you need to do a sheerness, then a birmingham, sheerness. keep doing a long one, then a short one, and you can make it pay. some moan about doing the long ones, so just let them know how you want to do the job, and a nice little manchester will be a regular friday job, and you will need it handy on a friday to get a 45 off before going on sunday.
and there is no problem with the wages.

Is it just all uk work or do u go accross the pond?
Rough idea on week take home?

nedflanders:
Is it just all uk work or do u go accross the pond?
Rough idea on week take home?

I have a pal who works there. He’s pretty steady and won’t be pushed and he takes home £440. I think that’s pretty low for Sunday to Friday away in our area but he’s happy.

I hope this helps… haha

W

that is low 85 a day and u prob maxed out on hrs

Thanks for that lads, i dont mind the tramping i’m used to it, but £440 is low do they pay night out moneys, or is that all in, when i’ve seen the wagons on the road they look good kit, hightop Scania so plenty of room

I know it sounds low but my pal won’t be rushed. I’m sure you could crack on like limeyphil described and earn a bit more.

Personally, I prefer to consider the worst case scenario when looking at potential wages not the maximum possible.

The trailers seem to be 4.5m standards like we use so I doubt there will be many trips to the rest of Europe. The lorries look tidy enough but they start you in an old CF until a better truck comes available and they do seem to like Sunday starts. That’s all I know about Surefreight.

Irish traction can be rough, hard work with plenty of pressure but it can be a laugh. I’m just glad I’ve got a much easier job these days.

Good luck to anyone who fancies a go.

W

gixxerboss:
Thanks for that lads, i dont mind the tramping i’m used to it, but £440 is low do they pay night out moneys, or is that all in, when i’ve seen the wagons on the road they look good kit, hightop Scania so plenty of room

£440 is what some of them get. i only did a short stint with them while i was waiting for a new lorry with my usual employer. i took home £530-£560. it makes a big difference if you run down the road on sunday.
those on £440 per week just can’t see the bigger picture. they think that you are working for £20 on a sunday, but that is a little bonus, not wages. by running down on a sunday, you get an extra trip each week.
they have 3 lorries that go to belgium, but that’s the same drivers, doing the same run, week in, week out.

limeyphil:

gixxerboss:

£440 is what some of them get. i only did a short stint with them while i was waiting for a new lorry with my usual employer. i took home £530-£560. it makes a big difference if you run down the road on sunday.
those on £440 per week just can’t see the bigger picture. they think that you are working for £20 on a sunday, but that is a little bonus, not wages. by running down on a sunday, you get an extra trip each week.
they have 3 lorries that go to belgium, but that’s the same drivers, doing the same run, week in, week out.

Maybe the bigger picture is £440 is enough money for them and they’d prefere to spend Sunday at home? Everyone’s work / life balance is different. Just throwing it out there .

Stevie

stevieboy308:

limeyphil:

gixxerboss:

Maybe the bigger picture is £440 is enough money for them and they’d prefere to spend Sunday at home? Everyone’s work / life balance is different. Just throwing it out there .

Stevie

maybe for some of them.
but the point i was trying to make out was, a lot of the drivers would moan, and moan about the crap money, but if you mentioned running down the road on a sunday to earn some more, then they would think that they were only getting £20 for it. i gave up trying to explain they could get an extra trip in each week. plus the £20.
the answer i got on most occasions was “errrrrr yerrrrr, but they only give you 20 quid for sunday” :unamused:

Yeah i start on the 30th of Jan, i dont mind the Sunday start but i thought the same when she said £20 i was like no way, but when you look at the extra load that you can get in maybe worth while, when i spoke to the lass and asked wages she said £350 upwards, and i was nah i dont think so take £120 night out money off that and its sod all wage, but as you lads seem to know people who work there then i’ll give it a bash for a couple of weeks, see what the cash is like.she also said Sunday is a choice you can do it one week then not the next up to you. Cheers for the crack :smiley:

gixxerboss:
Does anyone know anything about this company, i’ve been offered a job by them but dont know what they are like.
Cheers

So you have been offered a job there,but failed to ask them questions about wages etc?..HELLO ■■ :question: :question: :question:
Jesus,so you come on here asking?..You DON’T deserve a job mate !!
Try stacking shelfs at your local supermarket !!

stevieboy308:

limeyphil:

gixxerboss:

Stevie

Yep I agree. We all want different things. £440 isn’t too bad for an easy 5 day week

You’ll never last a fortnight mate!

bigtruck:
You’ll never last a fortnight mate!

:laughing: ,not even VOSA can stop those men.

gixxerboss:
Yeah i start on the 30th of Jan, i dont mind the Sunday start but i thought the same when she said £20 i was like no way, but when you look at the extra load that you can get in maybe worth while, when i spoke to the lass and asked wages she said £350 upwards, and i was nah i dont think so take £120 night out money off that and its sod all wage, but as you lads seem to know people who work there then i’ll give it a bash for a couple of weeks, see what the cash is like.she also said Sunday is a choice you can do it one week then not the next up to you. Cheers for the crack :smiley:

lets just hope someone from the firm does not read this as thay now know the bloke startin on the 30th is going to just " give it a bash for a cpl of weeks"

Well seen you big fat truckers have ■■■■ all to do but sit on your fat arse’s, :open_mouth: at home too on the computer.
Yep sure did ask wages Doh can you not read, wanted to know bit more info, as for not lasting a couple of weeks ha, you curtain side lads make me laugh with your little buckles, you would not even know how to rope and sheet, you lads have never worked a day in ya fat live’s. jimmyinrugby1971 & Bigtruck ( prob and ■■■■■■ van ) ha ha if it cant be constructive lads why dont you nip to the bog and then shout your wives up to wipe your arse being as you prob cant reach it anymore, Bye Bye chubby, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :grimacing:
And a bash for a couple of weeks is a saying, there ya go laddo off you trot then,
I have all the info i need after talking to her again, so looks like i’ll be going to Surefreight after all, i prob wont see any of you lads there as its maybe a bit hard for you all…I’ve forgot more about driving than you’ll ever know, or maybe i’ve done more miles backwards than you’ve ever done forward ha ha ha ha ha ha BYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sounds like the toys are being chucked out the pram .

Roped and sheeted many a time worked out of Heysham over 10 yrs so seen many come and go lets see if your so big in the mouth after a couple of weeks. Oh and they don’t pay parking or fines so chin up lad u picked a good one!