Supermarket needed,,,

Need to find a supermarket between Exeter and Portsmouth where I can park the truck so I can resupply for my trip to Portugal!

Any ideas?

Shouldn’t be that difficult. Just make sure you look up the area on google maps, see if there’s a large service road you can park on. Failing that go to a 24hr at night and simply park on the customer car park.

Cover that area for COOP and cannot think of one that would work for you!

Solstice services has a largish shop and truck parking. ( if going a303)

Hedge end and first left for sainsburys bit will have to park across road in with other shops in estate. ( currys / halfords etc)

Come off at Juc 12 M27 ( tescos is on left as you leave - junc before boat/ town slip) turn left at the lights and if you are lucky there is space for two trucks on opp side of road next to a car dealer. You have to back in. Or do a right at lights then on left is service road but a 10 min walk back to tesco.

Last one- leave as if going for boat on the port roundabout but take second exit for north end. Just past police station / opp Aldi turn left, all the way to bottom and jack her round in front of COOP loading bay ( loads of room) then come back up and park on left in bays. ( I cannot remember but think they are free for a hour but its a service road and on taxis really lurk there. I have took a 45 with no hassle) you will have COOP super store behind you and Aldi in front.
p.s - cannot guarantee hassle free parking at this one but you will be able to turn! If you fancy a go?

Good luck

I’m a local lad and your best bet is 24 hour and go when it’s quiet. There are a couple near the M27, Sainsbury and a couple of Asda’s.

If not then there is a new Morrisons near the Docks. Google maps with street view is updated but the Satellite view isn’t.

You can stop in Flathouse Road.

Instruction if you need them.

Go South down the M275 heading towards the City Centre rather than the Cross Channel Ferries, after the road works keep RIGHT and follow signs for the Naval Base (Slip Road off to the right after going over the flyover above the Ferry round-a-bout!). At the second set of traffic lights, at the cross road for the Docks, turn left into Flathouse Rd. Go through the one way restriction (it’s to stop traffic going the other way). And park on the left (Johnny Foreigners use the area a lot but there should be room) and the big building on your left is Morrisons.

Put 22 Flathouse Road in Sat Nag and it’ll make you come in from the other end which will require you to turn around because of the fore mentioned restriction!!

Hope that makes sense and I’m not too late with the info.

Northarbour spur portsmouth, about a 5 minute walk to tesco. Po6 3tu.

Forgot about that Tesco, you can chance trying to stop outside in Binnacle Rd!

Hope I’m not to late but for future possible reference, Exit junction30 M5 head on the A379 towards Exeter first set of lights turn right Tesco Extra appears to your left follow the delivery road nice big car park on your left and plenty of room to turn and open 24hrs.

If you have a phone for apps then download road pal , that will give some indication. It’s very useful.

Surely Morrisons Portsmouth next door to the port is ideal?

Do what I do find say a Tesco (other supermarkets are available) and just park on the road or failing road park in the bus lane :wink:

DonutUK:
Need to find a supermarket between Exeter and Portsmouth where I can park the truck so I can resupply for my trip to Portugal!

Any ideas?

Quote,our manager,instead of stopping for drink /food bring a flask /packup :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dozy:

DonutUK:

Any ideas?

Quote,our manager,instead of stopping for drink /food bring a flask /packup :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Portugal is a long way with a flask and a sandwich. Worth a try though

switchlogic:

dozy:

DonutUK:

Any ideas?

Portugal is a long way with a flask and a sandwich. Worth a try though

Depends how big your flask is really :slight_smile:,

They need to employ a tanker and a fridge driver “to carry the tea or coffee and sandwiches” :slight_smile:

Carrefour at Rennes or St Andre De Cubzac were always my choice and plenty of parking too.