Super Singles

Why don,t i see a lot if any trailers with super single on out here, back in the UK everyone use them . Also while i,m asking questions tri -axle trailers ain,t that popular i now nearly all ours at Cantire are tandem ones.

Super singles as we know them 385/65. 22:5 are not rated for the same weight as in Europe, so they would lower capacity. They do have wide base singles which are 445/50 22:5 but they make them difficult to use in Canada, some provinces will only allow them to be run at US weights.

They do use tri axles, they have different spreads that allow different weights. The widest spreads allow a GCW of 46,500kgs, plenty of these running across Canada, but they all run twin tyres.

newmercman:
Super singles as we know them 385/65. 22:5 are not rated for the same weight as in Europe, so they would lower capacity. They do have wide base singles which are 445/50 22:5 but they make them difficult to use in Canada, some provinces will only allow them to be run at US weights.

They do use tri axles, they have different spreads that allow different weights. The widest spreads allow a GCW of 46,500kgs, plenty of these running across Canada, but they all run twin tyres.

Thank you young sir
Oh buy the way did anyone see the score today 8-2 TO MUFC one of the few things i miss

I see that, the Gooner Scum losing 8-2 is one of the few times that I don’t mind losing 5-1 :laughing: :blush:

All our trailers from 2004 onward are fitted with super singles they give us an extra 1000lb capacity, all the new Cascadias have them fitted too.