Super singles on midlift

hi,

Any body on here running super singles on the midlift of a scania, just wondered if anyone had any thoughts…

thanks

Lrm

Here are my thoughts:

It might look good to some but…

It will weigh more than a normal 285 tyre.
It will increase your fuel consumption.
It will make your wheel bearings and kingpins wear out quicker.

Paul

Super singles on tractor units = against the laws of nature.

I highly doubt it would work on a mid lift anyway as they would be so big that even if the axle was lifted they’d probably still souch the ground or bounce along the ground giving you bald patch adams.

I cannot see the point at all, a much heavier tyre & rim, extra wear as already said, the mid lift is only running at 7 tonne so no point in my opinion. And I would also wonder about chassis clearance, mud flaps and anti spray equipment

repton:
Here are my thoughts:

It might look good to some but…

It will weigh more than a normal 285 tyre.
It will increase your fuel consumption.
It will make your wheel bearings and kingpins wear out quicker.

Paul

Paul, surely you mean 295?

and i also concur with all of the above replies

shuttlespanker:
Paul, surely you mean 295?

Yes, I do. Not sure if that was a typo or brain fog as I typed it.

Paul

whe i bought my man the dealer asked me about s/s on the truck and he was talking about both front and midlift axles, i declined on both, bloody things heavy enough as it is

I think they look horrid on the front or the mid lift, but if you have them on the front then looks better on the mid as well (dutch style)

Hi,

Some people seem to be running them, i find that scanias are prone to shoulder wear on the front axles even when tracked annually, is the weight really a big issue, i wouldnt of thought the difference is that great but i take on board the point about ground clearance…

Thanks for all the opinions, food for thought…

Lrm

you cut down on shoulder wear a lot lrm and you dont seem to get the 50 pence peice wear either on the tyre when running supers on the mid, bit heavier etc but depends if you need to save weight, fuel useage well i wouldnt get all hot and bothered with the extra fuel they are supposed to use, king pin wear didnt have any at all in the 2 years we ran then on the silver scania we had,tyre rub when lifted narr not really either,
benifits none really apart from shoulder wear down to a min, some like them a lot dont like them :wink:

ask dagv8 on here he runs supers on his front an midlift scania 6x2 v8, and ran 295’s before gettin the supers he wil be able to give u the diference

Cheers Globby, i was wanting a bit feedback from someone that had/was running them…,I have a garage full of wheels and tyres that my missus is sick of climbing over to get to the tumble dryer so with a little swopping round i could put them to use again as i need a set of drives, still undecided as what to do but a mate of mine has 135 ofset wheels i can have for nowt so may well give it a go, i looked at putting 385/55,s on the middle but needed oxygen when i heard the price of them…

Thanks again…

LRM:
Cheers Globby, i was wanting a bit feedback from someone that had/was running them…,I have a garage full of wheels and tyres that my missus is sick of climbing over to get to the tumble dryer so with a little swopping round i could put them to use again as i need a set of drives, still undecided as what to do but a mate of mine has 135 ofset wheels i can have for nowt so may well give it a go, i looked at putting 385/55,s on the middle but needed oxygen when i heard the price of them…

Thanks again…

narr lrm, dont bother with 55"s as you found out £££££££££££££, for a tyre :cry: , you be ok with norm 385"s on the mid lift, and you dont need any special ofset either on the mids std disc brake rims fit ok, you can get away with std trl disc brake rims on the front aswell it sticks out a little at the bottom of the mudguard at the back,
i do know a man :wink: who has some gen scania front wheel spats tho. these are the rubber type ones, and from scania they are nearly as expensive as the 55 profile tyres :laughing:
and one other thing when you got for test, they will up your front axle or your mid axle by 400kgs along with a new plate thrown in aswell mate

here you go a couple of pics of the one im drive withn ss on both axles.

andy.

Would SS’s put more strain on the bearings if they mid lift was fixed and not steering?

164480:
here you go a couple of pics of the one im drive withn ss on both axles.

andy.

wheres the FAT DENO… 164480■■ havent shown him the way how for a good few months now when hes chugging up brighouse bank on the 62, tell him i been asking about him wont ya “”" dodgy ,from knowles" :wink: or should i say ex knowles"s,

he’s had a few days off this week,i think theirs a few of us from work going on ■■■■ in a couple of weeks but i aint gettin in a round wi that fish deano lol.ill tell him monday you’ve been missing him :wink:

164480:
he’s had a few days off this week,i think theirs a few of us from work going on ■■■■ in a couple of weeks but i aint gettin in a round wi that fish deano lol.ill tell him monday you’ve been missing him :wink:

why only thing deno will do is go missing on his round and swear blind he got the last one in, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: he carnt drink well yer he can lemonade shandy :laughing: its his missus who can drink boy oh boy, yep tell him i been missing him :laughing:

needs some polish on the allys 164480

mark h:
needs some polish on the allys 164480

dont do the polishing,ive got better things to do when i get parked up at nite :wink: