Super market car parks

do any of you park on them overnight
are they ok about you staying there or do they ask you to move

Not done it myself. But seen alot doing it. B+q Seem to be a favourite since they usually have Big Carparks with good access.

I have it in writing from Tesco that their car parks are for the use of their customers vehicles, irrelevant of their size, but obviously when you have finished getting your shopping you cease to be a customer and would be creating a private nuisance.
This resulted from a letter of complaint I felt obliged to write to Tesco head office after some filthy verbal abuse and physical threats from the manager of Tesco Didcot after I got my weekly shopping with a fridge lorry.
N.B. I was more than happy with Tescos apology and accept that the manager of their Didcot store is just a bad apple in an otherwise good barrel.
I have never had a problem at any other Tesco store when taking a 44 tonne fridge shopping.

i always use the supermarkets for my shopping when out on the road and never any problems in fact when i was tramping i used to plan my routes around tesco stores :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ive been known to do my christmas shopping by parking the lorry on the car parks.
i think the problem arises when you start screwing round on the carpark and tearing up the tarmac or driving over the kerbs with plants in.
also there is them that leave it like a pig sty and ■■■■ all over the place and they spoil it for all the others in fact ive heard that some companies dont mind you parking on thier forcourts cos its like extra security.

wylie:
do any of you park on them overnight
are they ok about you staying there or do they ask you to move

I only ever used one with any regualrity, the asda?? anyway one of them, at tilbury. I never got moved off there.

I guess it also depends when you go in them. If you went in a fairly small carpark in the middle of a busy day and took up about 20 spaces, and had 9 hours kip you could understand them being miffed.

But if you stopped off there at like 10 at night, after doing a bit of shopping i cant see them being bothered. I say that from experience of working in a few Tesco stores for years.
Tesco are employing more and more jobsworths though so you never know!

I did stop off in the Asda in Canterbury with a 7.5t for lunch a few weeks back and had some woman moan at me because i parked next to her car. There wasnt a sign on her car informing people no one could park next to it! :unamused:

I don’t know whether they still do it, but Morrisons at Scunthorpe used to encourage lorry parking at night, stopped the boy racers playing.

Never tried to stay in one overnight, but I did stop for a 45 at a Tescos in Exeter. I was going to go into the overflow carpark that I knew was there, but when I arrived I discovered that it had a 2-metre hight limit, so I had to park in the main (busier) car park, across about 6 bays (I was driving an 18-tonne rigid).

As for staying overnight, I’d suggest that the best idea is to turn up, go to the Customer Services desk, and tell them that you’d like to stay overnight after you’ve done your shopping - that way, they realise that they’re getting something out of it, and you’re not just after a free parking space. Even better if you want to go have your meal in the cafe.

after i did my bit in Salisbury ooooooooopppppppssss i mean Tescos Poole i was told to park at the back door end of the store … anyway in the morning bout 0745 i get a knock on the door from 2 security guys who want to know why i’m parked there…

cos the night manager said i say
sec…they dont allow overnight parking
they do when you’ve put a genny in the back door
sec…o that was you then
fraid so thats why its got LCH generators painted on the doors
sec…what time you leaving
not before nine when i’ve my breakfast
sec…ok no problems thank you …

i use Tesco quite a lot but tend to dump the trailer if i have to use the main car park

julian:
I have it in writing from Tesco that their car parks are for the use of their customers vehicles, irrelevant of their size, but obviously when you have finished getting your shopping you cease to be a customer and would be creating a private nuisance.
This resulted from a letter of complaint I felt obliged to write to Tesco head office after some filthy verbal abuse and physical threats from the manager of Tesco Didcot after I got my weekly shopping with a fridge lorry.
N.B. I was more than happy with Tescos apology and accept that the manager of their Didcot store is just a bad apple in an otherwise good barrel.
I have never had a problem at any other Tesco store when taking a 44 tonne fridge shopping.

Tho the carpark on the Tesco’s just north of Cambridge off the A14 (forget the name of the place - sorry) has “No HGV” signs all over the place… :unamused:

I can hardly get my car round some of the daft supermarket car parks!

I have took small rigids into then in the past, but I tend to avoid it cos it could end in tears if somebody comes along and parks badly so you can’t get out again.

just one word of warning if you decide to park near the gate of St Neots B&Q you will be woke up at 3 am and again at 5 am we arrive at 3 and tip at 5 if you are as close to the gaste as the sphincter whop was there a couple of weeks ago.

Other than that providing you are not near the gate the forkie will leave you alone as he is an ex driver .

allikat:

julian:

Tho the carpark on the Tesco’s just north of Cambridge off the A14 (forget the name of the place - sorry) has “No HGV” signs all over the place… :unamused:

thats bar hill :wink:

Andyroo:
I can hardly get my car round some of the daft supermarket car parks!

I have took small rigids into then in the past, but I tend to avoid it cos it could end in tears if somebody comes along and parks badly so you can’t get out again.

what do you mean if?

at times it is difficult enough getting my car out, never mind a wagon :open_mouth:

It certainly would be convenient to park up at Supermarkets but what would be the outcome, Supermarkets smelling lke motorway service areas :slight_smile:

Taskman:
It certainly would be convenient to park up at Supermarkets but what would be the outcome, Supermarkets smelling lke motorway service areas :slight_smile:

you must have been to tesco at ashford then?
is it any wonder the manager has banned trucks from the car park and the police are regularly outside at the bus stop ticketing trucks parked in the bus layby.

Lidl in Golborne (just off jct23 M6) dont mind a bit.
Some good pubs to :laughing:
Dave

Ashford ‘kent’?
That’ll be Crooksfoot (the one by Junc 10)

Amazes me the amount of divs who were parking on the M20 slip road! :open_mouth:
They’ve put big signs up with cones now, why not just stick a lump of armco down there!

Pop over to Ashford Park Farm (go past the truck stop and keep turning left at roundabouts, better access there too :wink: )

You used to be able to park around the back of Sainsbury’s just off J9 of the M20,but from what I hear the managers of Curry’s and Carpet-Right,who are also on the same site,got fed up with some driver’s using the area as a toilet and sorting through the skips.Though the skip sorters were mainly east europeans taking bits off of washing machines etc to take home and sell.

You would think though that they would welcome drivers parking on their car-parks overnight as it deters not only the boy-racers but the ram-raiders too.

And why can’t they open up the park & ride car parks to trucks for overnighting?

I also think large parking area’s like the NEC are wasted,all that parking area empty overnight as well as between exhibitions.
Surely places such as football stadiums could also open up their large parking areas.

There are plenty of supermarkets on the continent that don’t mind trucks parking overnight,as usual it’s the bloody-minded attitude of the UK,everybody needs you but nobody wants you!

as stated, no-one wants their front garden to smell of sour wee