Suoth Yorkshire Plod

did you lot know that south yorkshire police are running a black unmarked subaru impreza complete with boy racer spoiler??
I saw it the other morning on the hard shoulder of the M18 near J3 as it had pulled someone. I wouldn`t have sussed it out except for the blue flashing lights hidden in the front grill as I passed going the other direction.

And they are regularly giving tickets out to trucks who park on the road next to the Total petrol station (when drivers nip inside for ■■■■, newspapers etc) before they hit the motorway after they come off the ind est near the stockyard. if you know the 1 I mean, Because the road outside the petrol station is an urban clearway

Around Manchester on the M60/M62 the police are doing similar but with an unmarked red BMW.

I know of a champagne gold mitsubishi evo 8 in west yorks, with boy racer stickers etc.
and how? returning the blue volvo hire car (2.4 litre estate thing) to leeds-bradfrod on sunday I’d put me only non-biker jacket on to keep warm (some reason the climate control made me feel queasy in that thing) and that jacket is a hi-vis. turned right at harewood house gates and said car stopped at their lights flicked blue grill-lights for a second and gave a cheery wave. Musta thought I was plod as well! :astonished:

el gordo 78:
Musta thought I was plod as well! :astonished:

What ■■ with your haircut :slight_smile:

West Mids police have a few “sports” cars including an expensive looking Merc convertible. Don’t know the model number but it’s black with italic numberplate… and blue grille lights!

They were using voice inversion scrambling on their radio’s but they’ve all transfered to Airwave now!

durham constabule have a black bmw new shape and a silver bmw 51 reg, they get craftier all the time

Posted it before but just to remind anyone going through Leicestershire that a Skoda Octavia RS patrols the M1. (Have seen it quite a few times)

South Yorks also have the usual unmarked Volvos.

Peirre, I know the Total garage you mean. (next to Hyundai garage at Bramley)

The police must be doing good business there as a lot of trucks stop outside as it’s the last garage and shop before the motorway.

Any drivers thinking of stopping should go to the other side of the roundabout - there is a Morrisons supermarket with (usually) enough room to turn round and park.

Look for the aerials if you are not sure, dead giveaway.

Silver_Surfer:
Look for the aerials if you are not sure, dead giveaway.

A lot of the new ones don’t have the cluster of four on the roof, sometimes just having one or two, but they’re permanent mount ones rather than mini-mags, and they prefer them on the roof than anywhere else…

Lothian and Borders Police had a tricked up and camera’d up Honda Fireblade a couple of years ago. It was on show at the Edinburgh Bike Show.

I don’t have any idea if they are still running it.

Humberside are getting a new Scoobydoo impressive, with a Beemer+dog in the very near future.

hang on a min arent itallic letters on number plates illeagal and the police are running a car with them hmmmm pot kettle black springs to mind maybe they should have a ticket for the playes themselves

alix776:
hang on a min arent itallic letters on number plates illeagal and the police are running a car with them hmmmm pot kettle black springs to mind maybe they should have a ticket for the playes themselves

Most certainly!

The police are obviously allowed to break the law whilst enforcing it!

killsville:

alix776:

Most certainly!

The police are obviously allowed to break the law whilst enforcing it!

I think it’s more along the lines of a car seized from a local who was acquired it as proceeds of a crime etc. Or it had no tax ect, but you get the picture. I don’t think the local police will be shelling out for a top of the range merc ragtop just for undercover stuff.

south yorks also have a vauxhall omega V6 special. there’s no exterior aerials other than the normal radio, its all built into the frame, chassis and exterior with signal boosters.

and very swift it is too.

in fact, none of the unmarked cars I delivered had visible exterior aerials apart from the regular radio.

the marked up plod wagons do though. more space for other gubbins then.

peirre:
did you lot know that south yorkshire police are running a black unmarked subaru impreza complete with boy racer spoiler??
I saw it the other morning on the hard shoulder of the M18 near J3 as it had pulled someone. I wouldn`t have sussed it out except for the blue flashing lights hidden in the front grill as I passed going the other direction.

And they are regularly giving tickets out to trucks who park on the road next to the Total petrol station (when drivers nip inside for ■■■■, newspapers etc) before they hit the motorway after they come off the ind est near the stockyard. if you know the 1 I mean, Because the road outside the petrol station is an urban clearway

thanks for the tip mate,i come past that station every day.

theres an unmarked Maroon Ford foucs in the york Area. :smiley: 52 or 53 plate i think.