Sunlight

Hi All. I know that this company deal with laundry for hotels, hospitals etc. But does anyone know what they’re like to work for?

PM JayJayUk, he has just left them

I currently work for them, cant really say too much as knowing my luck someone from there will read this.

I know they seem to have alot of branches around the country and I guess it varies which one you work for. Some depots have night runs etc.

I’m just using it as a platform to get experience, just done my ADR and I’ll be looking elsewhere as soon as my results come back.

I joined them after I had just passed my c2 licence. I worked at Kendal and they were pretty desperate for drivers. I found the company ok to work for to be honest and my tm was a legend. Most drivers used to complain daily about the work load put on us but that’s because we got another factories work load ontop of ours and had more drops to do. Plus the factory equipment was constantly breaking down and had huge deleys at start of shifts before you could head out.

This is just how it was at Kendal so I can’t comment about other depots. I actually really enjoyed the job and loved my route around Lancaster and morcombe… I wouldn’t have left if I didn’t get my CE licence and wanted to earn more. Only other thing is you don’t get paid hourly it’s a set salary of about 300 a week (driving a rigid) with overtime pay of 70 pound for Saturday and 90 for a Sunday.

Any more questions pm me

Hope it helps

Jay