Sunday Routier in Rouen

Is there one that’s open ?

Looked on Truckfly but are either closed or have no opening hours filled in. I’m in a puddle jumper if there are any decent stops in the town itself .

Cheers.

There’s nothing open on Sunday in that area (routier wise). You will find MacD’s open, quite late, they serve beer in them too, search for them on Google. Otherwise you can go to the services on the A13 to eat, closes at around 21.30 or search for Flunch or Buffalo-Grill, they’re sort of a posh MacD and not too expensive, or just go to a restaurant in the town seeing as your in a 7.5t you wont be bothered with weight restrictions.

Found 3 Buffalo grill’s

google.fr/maps/search/Rouen … 335394,10z

And loads of Mc’D’s

google.fr/maps/search/mcdon … 313853,12z

Guessed as much , prob just buy a few beers in the morning and spend the weekend at the motorway services.

Thanks anyway .

This is the services on the A13

google.fr/maps/place/Area+N … d0.8639717

Both parking areas are linked by a bridge. There is a restaurant on the Eastbound/Parisbound carriageway, bit expensive but good food cooked sur place, not like in England where it might have been sitting there, behind the glass for hours!!
The westbound/Caen bound side has one of those snacky type places where they will cook you whatever you want from the menu on the wall, a bit like a Mc or BK but a million times better and they do the usual mega long baguettes.

id go for the buffallo grill as a happy medium.beats the pants off of a mcd`s but a baguette is a different story.

homer-baguette-carb.gif

dieseldog999:
id go for the buffallo grill as a happy medium.beats the pants off of a mcd`s but a baguette is a different story.

My kind of baguette DD, with all the trimmings of course! :wink:

Joe, don’t sit on the motorway, hundreds of Eastern European trucks on their 45 hour rest.
They all start their engines every hour, all day and all night.
I would head to Rouen town centre, and park on the quay by the river.
A few minutes walk to town.
You will see a feed mill depot and bulk load depots, safe to park on the quay.
Or find a hotel, they dont mind lorry parking if you are a guest.

Sorry no inside info from me:
But if you can stop near the Pont Flaubert in the industrial area its a short walk into town. The Centre Routier is closed but theres a cinema complex within a short walk, (that`s open Sunday for coffee toilets etc) The housing up the hill seems ok, rather than rough with cafes etc?
If you stop at the services could always walk out to Routet if weather holds?

pierrot 14:
Found 3 Buffalo grill’s

3 Buffalo grills go round the outside round the outside and dozy doh your partner.

courtesey of malcom mclaren

toby1234abc:
J

Is that legal with the regs on taking weekly rest in the lorry? I agree that it would be far better being in Rouen town centre and there’s some nice places to go visit but the police over there are pretty hot on enforcing the rules on taking weekly rest in cabs.

Think I’d probably book into a Formula 1 if there’s one there. Cheap as chips, basic as it gets but good enough for an overnight.

Conor:

toby1234abc:
J

Is that legal with the regs on taking weekly rest in the lorry? I agree that it would be far better being in Rouen town centre and there’s some nice places to go visit but the police over there are pretty hot on enforcing the rules on taking weekly rest in cabs.

Think I’d probably book into a Formula 1 if there’s one there. Cheap as chips, basic as it gets but good enough for an overnight.

If its a first weekend break after a full one, then a 24hr is legal, so should be no problem, Id say. Its only compulsory full 45hr breaks theyre interested in, as I understand it.
Agree that the Formula 1s are good basic hotels. There`s one up the hill from the Center Routier. 31euro.

For safe parking go down to the MIN. €9 totally safe toilets on site & close to town

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

superscaniaV8:
For safe parking go down to the MIN. €9 totally safe toilets on site & close to town

Good call.
Blvd De L` Ouest by north side of Pont Flaubert.

Franglais:

superscaniaV8:

Good call.
Blvd De L` Ouest by north side of Pont Flaubert.

Yeah bit of a fiddle getting to it if you haven’t been before but any decent prat nav will get you there

Toby, you don’t get hat many EE’s in the services at Rouen, at the weekend. Now during the week that’s another matter.