Sunday Question

Hi guys, just need a quick bit of advise if poss??

I run out Sunday afternoons. I leave Anglesey about 2pm, pick up the Truck in Deeside and leave at 4pm and then run out in whatever direction, never more than 4.5 hours (As we get a fixed day rate on a Sunday after 3 hours driving).

Now i always take 11 off on a Sunday night, just to be 100% sure. Now i’ll be honest and say this is more due to me not knowing exactly the rules!

So I run out Sunday, have 11 off, and do 3 three 15’s (Or 3 x reduced rests) and two 13’s. Mon - Fri. Now lets say i finish at 4 pm Fri then leaving 4pm Sunday has given me 48 off, thats ok so far… yes■■?

What i want to know is am i allowed to have 9 off on the Sunday if i have only done two 15’s the week before, i.e. will the Sunday night be my 3rd reduced break of the previous week.

This been the case am i allowed to have 9 off on the Sunday, and then do three 15’s Mon-tue-wed? Thus having four 9 hour rests in a row effectively.

All i want to do is keep 100% on the right side of the law, if in any doubt i will just have 11 off and be done with it but if i can have 9 off its another 2 hours at home Sunday!!!

Cheers in advance!!

Gaz

You are still thinking ‘Old Rules’ - pre April 2007.

You can reduce your daily rest 3 times between weekly rest periods, not 3 times per fixed week. You start on the Sunday at 16:00 after your weekly rest and have 3 reductions available to you before you start your next weekly rest so you cannot reduce Sunday and also Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. You will always be able to reduce Sunday if this is the first day after your weekly rest regardless of whether you had 3 reductions the previous week or not, but it will only leave you 2 reductions for the rest of the week

Right so Sunday will always be my first day, legally.

Does this also apply to the 90 hours driving or is Sunday still adding onto the previous week? Or have i got this wrong also?!

Thanks for your speedy response!

Gaz:
Does this also apply to the 90 hours driving or is Sunday still adding onto the previous week? Or have i got this wrong also?!

Nope, just to confuse you the “week” for weekly/fortnightly driving time is a fixed week 00h00 Monday to 24h00 Sunday.

Paul

They don’t make it easy do they?! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

repton:

Gaz:

Nope, just to confuse you the “week” for weekly/fortnightly driving time is a fixed week 00h00 Monday to 24h00 Sunday.

Paul

so whats the diference between 00h00 monday and 24h00 sunday :question: :question: :question:

nick2008:
so whats the diference between 00h00 monday and 24h00 sunday :question: :question: :question:

168 hours, or if you prefer 10080 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

repton:

Gaz:

And also for the 2 x10 hour driving days allowed.

Coffeeholic:

repton:

Gaz:

If the 10 hours is from Sunday pm to Monday am - which week is that in?

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

repton:

Gaz:

i would of said the sunday as this is when the shift started, but i ain’t claiming to be an expert!

stevie

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

repton:

Gaz:

Week 2

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

repton:

Gaz:

Week 2

would that be wrong I thought that the 90 f/n was a rolling one so there is no week2 as it all depends on the driving hours last week

so lets in week one you drove 50 hours in total that week you can only drive
40 hours next week and as you only drove 40 hours you can drive 50 hours a gain but lets say you drove 45 that week then the next week will be 45 the 90hour rule is a rolling fortnight
the maximin number of drivng hours in a week is 56 but this depends on what hour you drove last week so if you drove 34 hours your ok but next week you can only drive 34.

del

delboytwo:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

repton:

Gaz:

Week 2

would that be wrong I thought that the 90 f/n was a rolling one so there is no week2 as it all depends on the driving hours last week

But the question I was answering from ROG wasn’t about maximum driving hours per week or fortnight. The question was about 10 hour driving days, of which you are allowed 2 per fixed week. In a fortnight you could do 2x10 hour driving days in the first week, week 1, and 2x10 hour driving days in the second week, week 2.