Sunday lorry bans in Germany

Me and some friends are taking our classic lorries to the Nordic trophy truck show in Sweden week after next.
What we are wondering is cos our lorries are not hire or reward, for example 2 of em have living accommodation in the trailers and cannot carry a load,mine is a low loader with the spares,tools and another classic on the back,both clearly ancient,the last is just an empty tilt that hasn’t and never will have a load in the back.
I don’t think we are exempt from the silly Sunday ban even tho we are just tourists,if not its the autohof at Bremen for us.
Can anyone advise,ta.

Do believe that the best answer would be to phone up at this
following TELEPHONE no; AND GET the answer from the BAG
direct from the headquarters of the BAG
Telephone 0049 (0) 221-57760
E-mail address ----- poststelle@bag.bund.
They will have some one who speaks ENGLISH and this
way you can also ask about a permit to drive if possible
this will have to be paid for , if they issue you with such
permits , one per vehicle normally,
If you have any problems give us a PM and I can phone
them up for you,

Muckles or Euromat will answer this one

Just read through the German law on this and sorry to say you can not drive sundays,The law is not there to stop people transporting goods on a sunday but to keep the congestion down on the roads

You could apply for a permit (ausnahmegenehmigungen) at a local DVLC (strassenverkehrsamt)but they cost money

Dont forget we also have a saturday driving ban in Germany until the end of august between 07.00 and 20.00 on some motorways.

Geoff

gbtransp:
Dont forget we also have a saturday driving ban in Germany until the end of august between 07.00 and 20.00 on some motorways

And part of the A1 from Oyten near Bremen to the Horster Dreieck junction with the A7 is included in the ban on Saturday, as is the section up to the Cloppenburg junction from Osnabruck if you go that way from the Bad Bentheim border.

brit pete:
Do believe that the best answer would be to phone up at this
following TELEPHONE no; AND GET the answer from the BAG
direct from the headquarters of the BAG
Telephone 0049 (0) 221-57760
E-mail address ----- poststelle@bag.bund.
They will have some one who speaks ENGLISH and this
way you can also ask about a permit to drive if possible
this will have to be paid for , if they issue you with such
permits , one per vehicle normally,
If you have any problems give us a PM and I can phone
them up for you,

thanks for that,i think it would be best t jus park up wi the rest of em.

gbtransp:
Just read through the German law on this and sorry to say you can not drive sundays,The law is not there to stop people transporting goods on a sunday but to keep the congestion down on the roads

You could apply for a permit (ausnahmegenehmigungen) at a local DVLC (strassenverkehrsamt)but they cost money

Dont forget we also have a saturday driving ban in Germany until the end of august between 07.00 and 20.00 on some motorways.

Geoff

thanks,didnt know about the saturday bans aswell,that could be us knackered,how do you know which motorways are affected by this tho?

Coffeeholic:

gbtransp:
Dont forget we also have a saturday driving ban in Germany until the end of august between 07.00 and 20.00 on some motorways

And part of the A1 from Oyten near Bremen to the Horster Dreieck junction with the A7 is included in the ban on Saturday, as is the section up to the Cloppenburg junction from Osnabruck if you go that way from the Bad Bentheim border.

thanks,very helpful,a rethink is in order cos this is a bit of a pain,dont fancy 2 days parked up much.

propa lorry:

gbtransp:

Geoff

thanks,didnt know about the saturday bans aswell,that could be us knackered,how do you know which motorways are affected by this tho?

Web Site

PDF

Hi propa lorry,

As well as the very useful info already given, there’s also this:

German LGV driving bans. (The WHOLE story...) - EURO DRIVING FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

I hope it helps and I’d like to wish you good luck in Sweden. :smiley:

Would you let us know how it goes please?

…if it’s possible, some piccies would be great!! :grimacing:

dieseldave:
Hi propa lorry,

As well as the very useful info already given, there’s also this:

German LGV driving bans. (The WHOLE story...) - EURO DRIVING FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

I hope it helps and I’d like to wish you good luck in Sweden. :smiley:

Would you let us know how it goes please?

…if it’s possible, some piccies would be great!! :grimacing:

thanks for that,i did read it but find it all a bit confusing,if only they would all just leave us alone to get on with our jobs.
I’ve tried to put Photos on here but it wont have it,there are some from last year on eurowheels.com,go to nordic trophy 2009 and thats us lot,or my facebook page is Terry Ainger an loads more on there,also on facebook is the Scammell crusader appreciation society,ive put loads on there aswell.

Thank you everyone for the replys,we have decided after the info supplied by yourselves it aint worth the hassle,we will be stopping in the Groningen area on saturday then leave sunday night or early monday morning to be in Odense monday evening,then i think its Gothenburg tuesday evening for Volvo factory tour on wednesday,then to the Nordic show.
It may not seem that much distance but we are on tour, we stop regularly, dont rush cos we all have to do that day in day out anyway,just enjoy it,no tacho,no stupid limiter,and proper lorries,lovely.
Roll on next week.

propa lorry:
Thank you everyone for the replys,we have decided after the info supplied by yourselves it aint worth the hassle,we will be stopping in the Groningen area on saturday then leave sunday night or early monday morning to be in Odense monday evening,then i think its Gothenburg tuesday evening for Volvo factory tour on wednesday,then to the Nordic show.
It may not seem that much distance but we are on tour, we stop regularly, dont rush cos we all have to do that day in day out anyway,just enjoy it,no tacho,no stupid limiter,and proper lorries,lovely.
Roll on next week.

Unless you already know where you plan to park you could go over into Germany on the Autoroute to junc 4 on the A28 without going on any banned roads.

Aral Autohof
Rudolf-Diesel-straße 2
Uplengen
Deutschland
Tel: +49 4956-990408

jimti:

propa lorry:
Roll on next week.

Unless you already know where you plan to park you could go over into Germany on the Autoroute to junc 4 on the A28 without going on any banned roads.

Aral Autohof
Rudolf-Diesel-straße 2
Uplengen
Deutschland
Tel: +49 4956-990408

ok,thank you,will have a look at that over the weekend.