Sums it up

Watching this video and i thought to myself, this sums the job up really.

What do you think?

Must be hard being away from home leaving the Mrs and the kids at home week after week. Trucking is up there with the job i do for divorce and spliting up from the loved ones.

Wheres the link?

What video?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I’ve done it again

The job in North America can seem quite relentless and tedious, and you really are a long way from home in that job if you’re doing long haul. But in the UK I dont think its the same, even on a tramping job where you’re out all week, you’re never far from home really and its often much more possible to park up at night with other friends etc. Its a completely different experience. To me, driving in the UK and Canada/USA are total pole opposites.

Well, by the looks of things, reliant on a phone call later today. I too shall be 2 weeks away at a time. Love the work aspect, just makes you miss the family more and appreciate what you have. :sunglasses:

Part of the job. Think of the guys and girls in the forces doing months away at a time normally in areas where just being away is the least of their worries.

To be honest I thought it was a load of pretentious pity seeking crap, so no Oscar from me I’m afraid :unamused:

Obviously a well rehearsed and thought out script that was well read but hardly from the heart was it, the kids were great but the rest was just a bloke seeking sympathy as far as I’m concerned.

His sacrifice is being on the road, my sacrifice was watching that [zb]ing video :laughing:

tachograph:
To be honest I thought it was a load of pretentious pity seeking crap, so no Oscar from me I’m afraid :unamused:

Obviously a well rehearsed and thought out script that was well read but hardly from the heart was it, the kids were great but the rest was just a bloke seeking sympathy as far as I’m concerned.

His sacrifice is being on the road, my sacrifice was watching that [zb]ing video :laughing:

You mean to say that you actually got to the end of it?!?! I got bored when he commented about longing to know what lay beyond the mountains he was driving past, or something to that effect. What a load of ■■■■■■■■, just look on google maps!