Summerlee Truck & Model Show

Looks interesting Alex. First time I’ve heard of it but presumably you’ll have been before. Would you say it was worth a trip up from Wigan? It would turn into a long day and I don’t really do long mileages without a good reason these days. Eddie.

Eddie

I wouldn’t advise travelling that mileage. It’s a good wee show but I think anyone within 60 miles radius is just about right.

Alex

Just over a week to go!

Alex

Small toys inside and big toys outside AND FREE ADMISSION, what Scotsman is going to turn a day like that down!!

Bassman

Not this one, that’s for sure!
Alex

As its free he’ll be offering to take the family out for the day! :smiley:

I hope that there is plenty of cover at Summerlee if the weekends weather forecast is anything to go by.

Bassman

Alan

I’ve been trying for days to post on here. Don’t know if the problem is Trucknet or my broadband.
Our mutual friend in Rugby would say ‘Mony a Mickle Maks a Muckle!’
I’ve not refined that system as well as Glen, however.

Hope you are well.
Alex

Mick

Going tomorrow as the forecast is good. Sunday seems wet.
Speak to you soon.

Alex

Well, I made the effort Alex, and I have to say it was well worth it. Got the chance to chat with a few old timers about the good old days. Rounded the day off with a trip to the Falkirk wheel and the Kelpies. I’d have stayed longer if the weather forecast had been better. There’s loads of interesting stuff to see round your neck of the woods. Well, I’m back home now, completely knackered, but I’ve seen things I probably would never have seen if it hadn’t been for your post. All in all a very satisfying day. Cheers. Eddie.

any pics, you guys who went.
cheers
gaz

tetragaz:
any pics, you guys who went.
cheers
gaz

I took a few photos T.G. but I still haven’t sussed how to get them up on here. I could email them to you if I had your address then maybe you could put them up. By the way, living where you do, you wouldn’t know any ex Downing’s / Steetley drivers by any chance. I once worked there with a bloke called Ray, forget his last name. He did a stint on the middle east. Poor lad got run over with a stacker truck in one of the Steetley brickworks in Stoke. He survived I believe, but I suspect he’s never worked since. Regards. Eddie.

Hi Eddie,

Posting a picture on here is as easy as adding one to an email.

Below the save - preview - submit tabs, there are two tabs, options - upload attachment

Click on upload attachment

Where it says Filename : ’ Choose file’. No file selected

Click on the choose file button

If you’re on iPad you can go to library, if you’re on a PC you can go to the windows explorer file selection.

Find the file and click on it. It appears next to the box. Click ‘add the file’

This adds a Posted attachments heading with your file name below it.
Click on ‘place inline’

This adds the image - in this case a thrush on my back garden yesterday!

Click on preview to make sure you’re happy,

Then submit!

Simples!

John

Thanks for the info John, sounds easy doesn’t it? I’ve been here several times before however. My problem is, when I click on the ’ choose file ’ panel, instead of the panel becoming highlighted, it remains grey and nothing happens. I rang Rikki about it one time and he appeared to be somewhat perplexed. I suspect I may have to put my stuff on photobucket or something similar in order to access the photos as at the moment everything is just on the iPad memory. I’ll figure it out in due course no doubt but meanwhile, many thanks for your input. Hope you’re keeping well by the way. Regards. Eddie.

Eddie Heaton:
Thanks for the info John, sounds easy doesn’t it? I’ve been here several times before however. My problem is, when I click on the ’ choose file ’ panel, instead of the panel becoming highlighted, it remains grey and nothing happens. I rang Rikki about it one time and he appeared to be somewhat perplexed. I suspect I may have to put my stuff on photobucket or something similar in order to access the photos as at the moment everything is just on the iPad memory. I’ll figure it out in due course no doubt but meanwhile, many thanks for your input. Hope you’re keeping well by the way. Regards. Eddie.

I find the best way is to scan them onto your laptop, Mine are filed under old photos, I then go to upload attachment, Then Browse, The the pictures selection bit Then just post them onto here, Hope this helps your problem, Regards Larry.

Much obliged for that Larry. Unfortunately, I don’t possess a laptop, or a scanner, just this iPad. Reading through the F.A.Q. section, it states… " you cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC ( unless it is a publicly accessible server ) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms…etc. etc. now there’s a clue there. However, being somewhat more fluent in Swahili than I am in computer speak, it may take me a while to figure it out. No rush. Anyway, thanks again. Cheers. Eddie.

Eddie Heaton:
Much obliged for that Larry. Unfortunately, I don’t possess a laptop, or a scanner, just this iPad. Reading through the F.A.Q. section, it states… " you cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC ( unless it is a publicly accessible server ) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms…etc. etc. now there’s a clue there. However, being somewhat more fluent in Swahili than I am in computer speak, it may take me a while to figure it out. No rush. Anyway, thanks again. Cheers. Eddie.

It’s odd how the individual words in a computer manual are English, but when put together, they don’t have any comprehensible meaning!

Hoping to add Eddie’s picture of a Red and Rust depot from the summerlee show. Must have been the day they bought all the new trucks!

Also as Eddie says - wouldn’t have liked to have worked there - they’re all rushing around!

Ah well Eddie, you’ve got the last laugh, I need to go to the PC to turn it round and I can’t do that until tomorrow.

By the way, I couldn’t see the crane jib at riding & Andertons on the journey back from Oxford, so I guess they’d all gone home!

John

Just realised, it straightens up ok if you click on it!

By the way, they could have done with the guys who roped and sheeted the loads in that yard back in Bowater Scott all those years ago - the bloke they sent couldn’t sheet a bed!

John

Many thanks for that John. You’re right about the motors, they’re absolutely spotless. It looks more like Sutton’s yard than a B.R.S. depot. I reckon Harry Gill must have been on a night out when that one was taken. Cheers. Eddie.