Suggestion for a good place to stop near Reims?

La Veuve was always a personal favourite of mine & quieter overnight for rifing out the z’s too :smiley:

Just head for the ZI & Douane & voila,the routiers is right there. IIRC it’s about 20-30 mins past Reims after the Autoroutes split

Reims is shut at weekends as i found out last time i was there!!! :frowning: la veuve is a good place to stop

Griff82:
Reims is shut at weekends as i found out last time i was there!!! :frowning: la veuve is a good place to stop

most of the old Arcotels and other Centre Routiers are closed from about 12.30 on Saturday until 5am Monday

La veuve is good too, if you can do it your first shift, depends on your speed and fuel stops. And if you want to or are allowed to use the RN

Personal Choice again

A bit late but,yes the C.R. is still open at Reims,stopped there a few weeks ago.
If on the old ring,or the new by-pass,just head for Charleville-Meziers,it’s the first exit from when you leave the old ring.

La Veuve is good too.

When running to italy we always had to use the RN from Chalon to Chaumont there was another good place to stop i think its was called The Meteor near Vitry

is the one on rn 44 at perthes still there the white house had maps of france on the dinner tables

routiers at reims is still open with as24 and ids derv just outside,directions at the top of the page or relevant derv providers,there is another one off the peage sth of reims too on the z industrial

How odd,got talking to them,they were near Arachon,which is the coast that runs south of Bordeaux to Irun,in the back of their 4x4,were a few scuba divers yellow air tanks,and the reason for this,to deflate the tyres to patrol the beach and drive on the sand to pick up contraband or make arrests,etc,then leave the beach,re-inflate the tyres with the air tanks.

toby1234abc:
How odd,got talking to them,they were near Arachon,which is the coast that runs south of Bordeaux to Irun,in the back of their 4x4,were a few scuba divers yellow air tanks,and the reason for this,to deflate the tyres to patrol the beach and drive on the sand to pick up contraband or make arrests,etc,then leave the beach,re-inflate the tyres with the air tanks.

Random

Wheel Nut:

toby1234abc:

Random

Think toby’s forgotten to take his medication again :laughing:

The Rustler:

Wheel Nut:

toby1234abc:

Random

Think toby’s forgotten to take his medication again :laughing:

TOBY :exclamation: :exclamation: oi TOBY :exclamation: :exclamation:
reset the Sat-nav you numty :open_mouth:

Arcachon is on the other side of France

Its the area where the biggest sand dune in world is,Dune de Pyla,just popping out for more pills! :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Its the area where the biggest sand dune in world is,Dune de Pyla,just popping out for more pills! :smiley:

That may well be, but what the numpty nuts has that got to do with parking up in Rheims :smiling_imp:

I pressed the wrong button to submit the new thread,hence came up on one with no link to that story above for parking.Horses douffers.

as homer simpson wld say " doh doh ,doohhh"“”

pierrot 14:

toby1234abc:

PIERROT :exclamation: :exclamation: oi PIERROT :exclamation: :exclamation:
reset your FRENCH satnav toby is correct Arcachon is indeed on the coast between bordeaux and irun
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

welshboyinspain:

pierrot 14:

toby1234abc:

PIERROT :exclamation: :exclamation: oi PIERROT :exclamation: :exclamation:
reset your FRENCH satnav toby is correct Arcachon is indeed on the coast between bordeaux and irun
:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Well it is quite near Reims in Tobyland. :open_mouth:

Some say, it is even on a different planet :wink:

I think toby is on a different planet, he really needs to get back behind the wheel, being unemployed gives him too much time on his hands :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: