Suggested route through Scotland

Ok, so this is for a rigid LGV, starting in the Midlands and with a first drop at Prestwick and second drop in Glasgow.

Options.

1. Drop in Glasgow, then go onto Prestwick
  2. Drop in Prestwick, and then onto Glasgow.

Assuming you’re going for Prestwick first, would you take the A75 from A74(M) from Gretna to Dumfries, then A76 to ■■■■■■■ and A70 to Prestwick, or another route?

Bad intel for me had told me that the A75 was a dual carriageway :unamused: when in fact it was a single carriageway and thus 40mph speed limit. It took a while :unamused: Considering I spent all 10 of my hours driving on the first day I think it was one of those close things for me.

Apart from sticking to the speed limits, was there anything else you seasoned truckers could suggest?

I’d have thought using the A71 to Kilmarnock then join the A77 would be a better bet for Prestwick.
That way if you need to do Glasgow 1st once you’ve turned off instead of Prestwick then you can head up the M77.

Colingl:
I’d have thought using the A71 to Kilmarnock then join the A77 would be a better bet for Prestwick.
That way if you need to do Glasgow 1st once you’ve turned off instead of Prestwick then you can head up the M77.

+1

Sticking to the speed limit on the A75? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: My, you must have been popular that day. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I pulled in when there was more than 10 vehicles behind me to let them pass. There were signs everywhere reminding me to be doing 40mph, and I spotted 2 camera vans on the route, although one of them was closer to Prestwick and was driving towards me at the time.

I’ve just got my licence so I don’t want to get any points on it!!!

Oh, and the only cruise control was the accelerator pedal :unamused: :unamused:

I did try and get onto TruckNet on Wednesday night but it didn’t like me and wouldn’t work, otherwise I would have asked then :astonished:

Saratoga:
I did try and get onto TruckNet on Wednesday night but it didn’t like me and wouldn’t work, otherwise I would have asked then :astonished:

Oh, I wasn’t the only one then? Couldn’t get in for over 48 hours.

congrats on passing your test
at least you may get to drive some newer trucks

hitch:
congrats on passing your test
at least you may get to drive some newer trucks

Thanks Hitch :wink:

The truck I drove up was a Y plate Renault 18t that had already done 775,000 km! Would have been nice if it had cruise control but hey :wink: