Suggest somewhere

Right, this is a first class wind up if I do say so myself but I’m stuck on a technicality;

Back in September, the mrs bullied me into doing what she wanted For her birthday, a night in skeggy in a seedy hotel- I hated it! But the deal was; we’d do what I wanted for my birthday! Well, I’ve decided were going camping in the outer Hebrides :grimacing: normally this wouldn’t work but she knows me well enough to see I’m mad enough to actually do it!! So she’s convinced that’s what’s happening :smiling_imp:

What’s really gonna happen is I’m gonna pack my camping stuff, food etc and we set off (first weekend in jan), head north but have a couple of nights in a premier inn! :smiley:

Any suggestions of a suitable place? No more than 250 miles and preferably with some scenery…

Don’t forget Darkseeker, make sure that you contact The Scottish Tourist Board and get them to send you loads of information packs on Scotland. Then head to North Wales, the weather in January will mean that the beaches will not be packed but you are sure to find a castle and a pub with a log fire. I hope you have a great time where ever you end up :wink: .

Cheers mushroomman, good idea with the tourist stuff!

Forgot to mention, it needs to look like we actually are heading for Scotland, north Wales just about makes sence but I thought it important to clarify :wink:

She’s genuinely worried about it and I’m in little doubt she’s swallowed the bait good n proper. Just wish I could video the moment we’re ready to leave and the when she realises I’ve been winding her up for months! Second thoughts, self preservation and all that.

There could be a double whammy with this once you start putting the tent up in the back garden just before you set off :slight_smile: .

I know she made you go to Skegness but a Premier Inn does seem a somewhat cruel and unusual punishment to me. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol, can’t be as bad as the place in skeggy. Actually it doesn’t really matter where, as long as it’s not a real dive. I’m sure she’d prefer it to a tent!

What about pity me co Durham

We had a cracking week for my Birthday, we stayed in the Silverlink (Travelodge) Hotel near Wallsend, spent a couple of days in Beamish, we did Hadrians Wall and Hexham. We ate Fish and Chips in Tynemouth and had a couple of hours on the riverside after visiting the Sage and Felling.

We chose it because they allow pets and we took him on the beach for the first time.

Skegness doesn’t do it for me, especially since we have “family” connections

Wheel Nut:
We had a cracking week for my Birthday, we stayed in the Silverlink (Travelodge) Hotel near Wallsend, spent a couple of days in Beamish, we did Hadrians Wall and Hexham. We ate Fish and Chips in Tynemouth and had a couple of hours on the riverside after visiting the Sage and Felling.

We chose it because they allow pets and we took him on the beach for the first time.

Skegness doesn’t do it for me, especially since we have “family” connections

Hi Malc,

I’d have to guess that pets are allowed, cos half the population in that part of the world are called ‘pet.’ :laughing: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Tin 'at on and ganning…

darkseeker:
‘…Any suggestions of a suitable place … with some scenery…’

Ok, so it’s 30 miles over your 250 mile limit - but worth every inch of a not unreasonable coastal journey - spent jockeying with Paddy nutters if you’re lucky!

It’s Portpatrick in the Rhins of Galloway - a cracking little (romantic?) and hidden nugget with bars & olde but classy B&B’s, etc. It’s transport related too, being the old port to the Green Place with bags of social history before Cairnryan & Stranraer became better alternatives in the late 19th century.

See here: visitstranraerandtherhins.co … trick.html

The journey in the direction of the ferry should nicely fuel her fear too, which you can gleefully stoke during a chip luncheon in either Stranraer on the Banks of the River Nith or in Gretna on the way up :smiling_imp:

do we know how he got on with the trip up north,or is he still using both hands to keep his wedding tackle in place. :open_mouth:

He was looking for ways to dump her not that long ago. :open_mouth:

Rob K:

I should think so too. I mean she made him go to Skegness FFS. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

I should think so too. I mean she made him go to Skegness FFS. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

pmsl - so true it’s nearly not funny.

It never happened in the end, some stupid row about it all and I announced “we’re not going anywhere, we weren’t going camping but we’re not going anywhere now” I still haven’t told her what was really gonna happen.