Suez Canal blocked

A thought I thought when this started but I didn’t say as I thought it sounded nuts but is looking less nuts…don’t be surprised if that ends up being scrapped in situ! Sounds bonkers but if it starts breaking up as it very possibly might it could be only option. Me and Carryfast have offered our services to the Egyptian Government. ■■■■■■■ & Boggle-Eye Shipping Consultants is being created, the Maestro van is in paint shop

This is a very entertaining video fo the Costa Concordia. Well worth watching all 46 mins of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qh9KBwqGxTI

Just to give you some type of idea as to the calibre of people that often control these huge vessels. Now, sure its not error on the crew but you’d think it could of been avoided.

two can play that game

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

■■■■■■■■■ Recovery have arrived on site.

switchlogic:
A thought I thought when this started but I didn’t say as I thought it sounded nuts but is looking less nuts…don’t be surprised if that ends up being scrapped in situ! Sounds bonkers but if it starts breaking up as it very possibly might it could be only option. Me and Carryfast have offered our services to the Egyptian Government. ■■■■■■■ & Boggle-Eye Shipping Consultants is being created, the Maestro van is in paint shop

They are made to flex across wave peaks and troughs creating similar stresses along the hull as the bow being lifted out of the water by the bank.

youtube.com/watch?v=NePiXMuFQ4c

Can they sustain those forces in any particular direction for that long before something lets go is the question.
There is supposedly a relief channel for that part of the canal so no rush how many gas axes and scrap metal bulkers will we need.
Maybe using it for anti ship missile, artillery and tank target practice might cut it down to size a bit and blow up the cargo.It’s all rubbish anyway. :laughing:

The first supertanker I sailed on in the Sixties, we used a Theodolite to measure the Hog or Sag when loading to make sure we were within the design parameters.

AS an added observation, this is one time when a bulbous bow can be a liability.

The reverse of a long overhang on a rigid, or Boris ‘Shagger’ Johnson off duty

bulbous_bow.jpg

And…She’s Off!
Partially refloated Mondays morning.
Oil prices dropping again as ships can move.

Would’ve been a lot quicker if they’d dumped all the containers off the side!

Surely all the people in them are dead by now anyway?

Our Christmas figs and dates will be sweating a bit after being sat in the sun for a week.

switchlogic:
. Me and Carryfast have offered our services to the Egyptian Government. ■■■■■■■ & Boggle-Eye Shipping Consultants is being created, the Maestro van is in paint shop

And so the Suez Canal is opened. A coincidence? I think not. Now I’m off to LinkedIn to look for work for ■■■■■■■ & Boggleeye Industries.

adam277:
This is a very entertaining video fo the Costa Concordia. Well worth watching all 46 mins of it.

Thanks for that that was really interesting. And I almost never watch YouTube videos more than 5 let alone 45 minutes.

switchlogic:

adam277:

Thanks for that that was really interesting. And I almost never watch YouTube videos more than 5 let alone 45 minutes.

Ye, he is quite good at being hilarious and informative.
I’d recommend Tales from theVarus and TheVarus Strakes back if you want to see him telling the history of covid. How he describes the great toilet paper shortage is hilarious.

For those that didnt watch it.
Basically the captain of the Costa Concordia was a idiot who had no idea what he was doing and his first mates who didnt speak the same language as their captain and were basically unskilled crew sourced from the phillipines.
Which is rather surpising considering the size of these vessles. You would think they would be better trained.

Apparently UK Tramp is down there offering international experience in this field.

Suez canal jokes…

Are getting bit old now.

That ship has sailed.

Has Carryfast arrived there yet , I have just heard on the radio bulletin of an Austin Allegro full of tools which is broken down with a radiator blown up on the mountain road by Cairo ?

Tarmaceater:
Has Carryfast arrived there yet , I have just heard on the radio bulletin of an Austin Allegro full of tools which is broken down with a radiator blown up on the mountain road by Cairo ?

No, he doesnt drive fancy new cars with round wheels.

switchlogic:

switchlogic:
. Me and Carryfast have offered our services to the Egyptian Government. ■■■■■■■ & Boggle-Eye Shipping Consultants is being created, the Maestro van is in paint shop

And so the Suez Canal is opened. A coincidence? I think not. Now I’m off to LinkedIn to look for work for ■■■■■■■ & Boggleeye Industries.

The invoice to the Egyptian government is in the post.I’m claiming 85% for my advice and plan B having decided that the the Jezza Clarkson school of maritime recovery wasn’t going to work in this case. :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=168232&start=30#p2745316

thenationalnews.com/mena/egy … -1.1192474

Don’t mention conspiracy theories or we will all get 22 pages about communism in Eastern Europe and the rise of the Russian empire to British Leyland and A frame deep sea container ships .

Fully afloat now.
Going up to the lake for inspection.
The bulbous bow will need looking at by a crack team of underwater engineers. They’ll need to send down at least four skindivers.