Subbie offer...!

Hi guys ,i’m new here im owner driver for the moment i would like to add two more units and trailers soon this year,i just was offered a sub contract with 1.5 a mile empty and loaded and 7 days payment.I would like to see your opinion i know there are some old mates here who knows how everything works,they said it will be 1800 miles weekly roughly.Thank you for your support!

davelmarrltd:
Hi guys ,i’m new here im owner driver for the moment i would like to add two more units and trailers soon this year,i just was offered a sub contract with 1.5 a mile empty and loaded and 7 days payment.I would like to see your opinion i know there are some old mates here who knows how everything works,they said it will be 1800 miles weekly roughly.Thank you for your support!

What`s the weight like though ?, 28/29t will drag your MPG down a tad, 10/12t will contribute to a steady increase in the cash balance, as will the 7 day payment :wink:

Id be sticking with one truck for the time being, it isnt about to get any easier out there :wink:

davelmarrltd:

Hmm. Not sure that this isnt a wind up.
If you’re genuine, then fill your boots, as it’s a decent offer and unless there’s something tough about the work, you would do fine. The fuel should work out near enough one third of your gross earnings, which, though it could better, is not bad by any means. As the man above says though, stick to one truck and work your nuts off.

Am I right that your 1800 miles is 600 loads at 3 miles round trip? On a 56hr week, that’s over 10 an hour And that’s before loading and any paperwork time. How many vehicles are you running at the moment?

Thats exactly what i have been on for the last 2 years, some weeks i run around with no more than 2 or 3 ton on, next week i might have 28 ton on both ways, usually evens itself out over a couple of weeks, i have no mileage cap though so i can do as much as i want

Acorn:
Am I right that your 1800 miles is 600 loads at 3 miles round trip? On a 56hr week, that’s over 10 an hour And that’s before loading and any paperwork time. How many vehicles are you running at the moment?

Are you reading a different post :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

chaversdad:

Acorn:

How else would I read the OP when it says :
a sub contract with 1.5 a mile empty and loaded and 7 days payment.I would like to see your opinion i know there are some old mates here who knows how everything works,they said it will be 1800 miles weekly roughly.
I may be mistaken but it looks like OP is a single vehicle, looking to do 1.5miles out and then back (3 miles round trip) to a total of approx 1800 miles a week. So if each trip is @ 3 miles, dong 600 trips equates to 1800 miles. Not sure how I’m miss reading it?

^^^ £1:50 per mile, 1800 miles per week is what I read.

Acorn:

chaversdad:

Acorn:

a sub contract with 1.5 a mile empty and loaded and 7 days payment.I would like to see your opinion i know there are some old mates here who knows how everything works,they said it will be 1800 miles weekly roughly.
I may be mistaken but it looks like OP is a single vehicle, looking to do 1.5miles out and then back (3 miles round trip) to a total of approx 1800 miles a week. So if each trip is @ 3 miles, dong 600 trips equates to 1800 miles. Not sure how I’m miss reading it?

You surely cannot be this dim? :open_mouth:

Acorn:

chaversdad:

Acorn:

Ffs, does your username reflect the size of your brain? He’ll be doing 1800 miles per week @ £1.50/mile, empty or loaded, where do you get this 3mile round trip malarkey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOG47:

Acorn:

chaversdad:

Acorn:

Ffs, does your username reflect the size of your brain? He’ll be doing 1800 miles per week @ £1.50/mile, empty or loaded, where do you get this 3mile round trip malarkey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durrrrr, I’d readit literally as it was typed. Steps back in silliness :smiley:

My thoughts and I have been in operations for 2 large co’s. 1800 x 1.5 =2700. 1800 miles @7 gallon =£1168 fuel is 1532 left decent driver with nights out and NI pension etc 1100 leaves 432 from experience standing costs for a truck allowing for insurance office parking g etc with lease or depreciation at least 700 unless owner operater cant see a margin. Sorry be negative but looking realistic. Been there seen it 1.50 not enough unless owner driver only getting a good wage